atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dreamdest DX-80 Possible to "share an extension" - 08/24/07 02:39 PM
We have two part-time people who share the same desk, but at different times. On a DX-80, is it possible to have 2 extensions point to one 7260 unit? Ditto for voicemail? Thanks!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DX-80 Possible to "share an extension" - 08/24/07 03:24 PM
One extension number----one phone.

You can do some interesting things with the voicemail situation---but it may become confusing---however, it can be done. You will need some help from your DX-80 vendor. This would, for sure, not be a "plug & play" kind of programming change.

It may be easier and the same price as ordering a refurbed DX-80 phone and getting your vendor to install another jack at that desk--setting up another VM box and the phone and be done with it. You're looking at the price of the phone, a RJ11 jack, a service call---and you'd be done.

I'm am making the assumption that you have an open port for another extension.

Don't forget--the DX-80 also has 4 ports for S/L analog phones.

Good Luck.
Posted By: hacky Re: DX-80 Possible to "share an extension" - 08/24/07 04:25 PM
I agree with JW, I have found that most users who tried to share one phone became a bit frustrated and ended up getting their own phone and mailbox. Too many issues existed before they finally got the second phone...people hearing other people's voicemails, password getting changed by one person and not telling the other, fighting over who records the 'Name' and what the name says, fighting over greetings, etc. Give your vendor a call and don't fret over the possible cost...he/she probably won't even need to run any wire. They'll just attach another jack on a spare pair; and a refurbed DX-80 phone, in my opinion, is quite affordable. Good luck!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help