atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Best Comm VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 08:30 AM
After a lightning strike the DXP was down. A re-set got it working but it appears to have gone back to default program. I have a current backup but can't log in with VMMI. Receive message saying login has failed, make sure communication parameters are correct. I have tried using the customer's admin password as well as the default installer password. I have tried different baud rates. Any ideas? Thanks :bang:
Posted By: nonameyet Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 09:45 AM
just a thought, have you tried to log in using Procomm?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 09:48 AM
I'll bet the voicemail and the DXP are on seperate powers legs. The serial port is now bad on one or both peices of equipment.
Posted By: jwooten Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 10:01 AM
Are you getting smdr, can you connect with hyperterm and is switch 8 on?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 10:29 AM
Unless the DXP is a very early revision the baud rate will not be effected by a default.
A good point by jwooten is switch 8, this will force the main serial port to 9600,N,8,1

I don't know why I thought I saw voicemail involved when I first read the post. :confused:
Was anything connected to the serial port when it got hit? If not the port should be OK.
Posted By: Best Comm Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 10:44 AM
Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
Unless the DXP is a very early revision the baud rate will not be effected by a default.
A good point by jwooten is switch 8, this will force the main serial port to 9600,N,8,1

I don't know why I thought I saw voicemail involved when I first read the post. :confused:
Was anything connected to the serial port when it got hit? If not the port should be OK.
Posted By: Best Comm Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 10:47 AM
Switch 8 is on. An on site programming computer was connected to serial port. I am in the process of loading VMMI software on my laptop to see if I can get in with it.
I don't have Procomm software. I tried hyper terminal but could not get a response.
Software is 13A

Thanks
Roy
Posted By: Best Comm Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 12:37 PM
loks like a bad maintenance port. thanks guys
I thought switch 8 just allowed new software to load. Switch 1 is the one that sets the default 2400 9600 baud rates on Com 1 and 2 (isn't it??)

Justin
Posted By: jwooten Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 05:34 PM
Before you say the board is funky, disconnect all station and line cables reset the system then check. Also check 232-2. It's default is 300 7N2.
Justin, I don't remember sw1 doing that but then I don't remember alot of things. I will check hard copy back in the shop though!
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/25/07 09:11 PM
SW1=96,N,8,1 comm main
SW7=init string for Comdial modem
SW8=new software load
Posted By: nevtxjustin Re: VMMI not communicating with DXP - 08/26/07 08:04 AM
Its been three years since I did this service call, as jwooten says, I don't remember a lot of things.

I'll relate my experience with a lightning hit system to the best of my recollection and it might give you some clues to what to look for.

I had a DXP with a revision around 6 or so and it was really really dead. I pulled out all the expansion boards and rebooted the system after plugging each one in one at a time - one of the analog boards was pulling the system down.

Now that I got the system running, I couldn't get it to connect to my laptop and I replaced teh service board.

NOW...I was able to connect to it, but login failed (I was able to get login two weeks earlier)

I replaced the CPU with Rev 11 or so, but my VMMI was too old to support it. I found a new version of VMMI and got into it.

Lightning is like that piece of hot dog your dog dropped behind your desk, it gets funky fast.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help