atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have an odd issue where at least two of our 50 or so Comdial Impact phones have dialed personal speed dial numbers without the user pressing any buttons. We have tried changing out the phones but the issue persists. We upgraded earlier this year from the Comdial FXT to the MP5000 after our FXT died unexpectedly. These two users have had this same issue with both phone systems. Both users are in the IT department and are very tech savvy. They sit on the second floor a few offices apart in our two-story office building. The problem is rarely observed to occur (about once every six months). In terms of phone system hardware, our phone vendor did reuse some system components when upgrading from the FXT to the MP5000. The two users known to have this issue are on different system boards within the phone system according to our phone vendor.

Has anyone on this board every experienced something like this and is there a known way to fix this problem? A couple of times, the speed dialing has occurred in the middle of the night (based on phone logs), so we know this is happening without any chance of user error.

Thanks for any input you can provide,

Audrey Kauffman
BETA Healthcare Group
Alamo, CA
Thr problem is most likely RFI and may be due to wiring issue. Sometimes long mounting cords that are made with silver satin wire have no twists and will cause this problem. House wire that does not meet cat3 specs will cause this as well.
And dirty and tarnished jack pins will cause noise.
Are the phones that are doing it large screen sets?
One of the two phones is a black Comdial Impact phone with 24 DSS buttons and a two line display at the top. The other has the same number of buttons but is a newer gray and silver Comdial ConverSIP EP 100.
Can't help you with those. The first rev of large screens did random speed dial calls. I have seen corrupt data cause this also. If they converted the FXT database to MP5000 then there is a possibility it forwarded with the conversion. Have your vendor look at the speed dial properties if it is stored under a button. Corrupted database would show something odd...I.E. the speed dial number to go out line group 74 or some off the wall out of range number.
I would bet on the cabling. I have seen this a few times. Run new cables or switch pairs and change the jacks and mounting cords. Good luck

Jim
SST Communications
Long Island New York
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help