atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RobF T1 and DX-80 - 08/31/07 08:18 PM
Hi. Have had a Dx-80 system for a few years and just recently had a T1 line installed by Cbeyond. I know I should have asked this question before I had the T1 installed...but you don't know what you don't know. Is the DX-80 system compatible with a T1 line? We have been having problems since we had the DX-80 hooked up to the T1. Thanks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/01/07 07:50 AM
You can't hook the T1 directly to the DX80 so you are going through a channel bank device that breaks the lines out to analog loop start. We have many such successful installs...what types of issues are you having?
Posted By: RobF Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/01/07 08:18 AM
I'm not sure how it's installed but I will look into that. It seems that the phone is dialing a number twice. For instance when you call my cell phone, you get my VM instantly for some reason and then it also rings my phone. We also get echo's and dropped calls. Two of our lines has static. We've had Cebeyond out twice but I'm not sure at this poini that it's their system. Haven't had good luck with the DX 80 through the years. It has not performed well for us.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/01/07 09:40 AM
The trouble you describe sound like problems with the T or the channel bank and not the DX80.
Mark
Posted By: rage Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/01/07 08:36 PM
I have had these probelms consistently with Cbeyond and on other systems than the DX80. I would get a certified tech on-site and he can tell in a couple minutes whether it is the DX or CBeyond (my bet on cbeyond). The tech can also explaing to the carrier what is wrong and arrange a vendor meet if needed.

This is not something you are likely to fix on your own. sorry.
Posted By: RobF Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/03/07 01:46 PM
Thanks for your help. Anyone know of a tech in the Dallas area who can help me out wit this?
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: T1 and DX-80 - 09/03/07 02:18 PM
Check the Installers link at the top of this page.

Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help