atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stepswitch DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 07:12 AM
DX120 with a PRI. Is it possible to take a number coming in on the PRI and reroute it to go back out to another external number?
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 07:40 AM
Manually program ext forwarding to the number you wish at the station set. Then program a key as F26. When you press the key it will toggle ECF on and off.

--Bill.
Posted By: nevtxjustin Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 01:07 PM
And don't forget to "Allow ECF" at the station programming level for that extension.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 06:32 PM
Good luck with that. smile

(What was suggested will work; I'm not disputing that.)
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 07:43 PM
C'mon Justin, but what?
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/07/07 08:03 PM
Sorry to sound sceptical. I've not had great experiences with putting PRI and T1 on DX120, and the ECF thing, and the limitations in sending a call offsite, just because you have what should be a more capable circuit, are just quirky and disappointing. When you have an easier time doing offsite transfers and ECF with analog lines than with PRI or T1, that's just odd, and I consider to be an engineered limitation that shouldn't be there.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/09/07 10:13 AM
5years, I completely disagree with your analysis of this. I have a large number of DX-120 systems with PRI and none of them have any issues with line related features. ECF has worked flawlessly on all the systems. My sales staff uses this as a major selling point.

While I can't comment on this application with T1 since I have none installed, with the PRI the outside party doesn't even realize the call has been transferred and there is no loss of volume like you would have on analog circuits.

Frankly I'm amazed at how well the PRI works considering it's limited programming and application on a low end system. TECOM has, in my opinion, done well.

--Bill.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/09/07 03:41 PM
Bill,

You are more than welcome to disagree (that goes without mention). You have far more installs upon which to base your success than I have to base my lack thereof. I can only base my comments on my experiences, and so far they have not been great.

As for the ECF, while I agree it works, when compared to options available to a base DX80 or DX120 configuration, it's lacking in capability, when it comes to being able to transfer and forward calls offsite, both live and via voicemail. Both of those functions are much more easily accomplished with analog lines than with PRI/T1 on the DX120. This is simply due to some things not being thought thryu very well on the design of the DX120. There's definitely room for improvement there.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/10/07 07:29 AM
I would be curious as to what issues you are having. The ECF with PRI sets up exactly the same as analog lines. Maybe there is a simple solution to the difficulties you are experiencing.

--Bill.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/10/07 07:38 AM
It's not an issue with ECF. ECF works as it's supposed to. It's the fact that you can't do trunk to trunk on PRI or T1, which forces to you use ECF in a work-around situation, where you wouldn't have to do that with analog lines, because trunk to trunk can be done on both systems when using analog lines.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 Call Forwarding - 09/10/07 08:03 AM
Well, you've got me there. Oddly enough I've never set up trunk to trunk on a DX-80/120, nobody's ever asked. I was responding to issues with ECF.

Time to go play at my test bench.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help