atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Raynne How to program a phone to ring? - 09/11/07 09:56 AM
We have a Comdial phone system at work. I am unsure of the exact model but it uses the Digitech phones 7714 and we are using the small office lite voicemail system. The manual that we were given (for the phones) has DXP, DXP Plus & FX series on it. I need have a specific phone ring with certain incoming lines.
I cannot contact the technician as they are no longer in business. I do have extensive computer knowledge, and I have programmed a variety of OTHER phone systems. I unfortunately do not have knowledge on COMDIAL frown Can I program this through the phone or does it have to be done remotely or through the computer itself? And does anyone have a manual on this phone system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: How to program a phone to ring? - 09/11/07 01:12 PM
You can do both :-)

There should be a set of numbers on the side of the box, like GO408 or something similar.

NJ ought to have Comdial dealer/retirees floating around, or a quick post to find an installer might get you someone willing to service your account and get you a manual.

Carl
Posted By: Mark K. Re: How to program a phone to ring? - 09/11/07 03:09 PM
Not necessarily so on the doing both Carl. The DXP and FX require VMMI which means no matter your computer experience you are going to need a tech who can determine the level and connect to make the change.

Where in NJ are you.

You can probably find a manual on line somewhere if you know what system and software rev level you have. Even then having a trained tech come out and show you the ropes would be very helpful.
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: How to program a phone to ring? - 09/11/07 08:04 PM
You can also search for an installer on the Installers link, above.

Also, depending on the system, this may be something that you could have someone do remotely, by dialing in. After you determine the system, then if it turns out it's a system that can be programmed remotely, you can contact a moderator who, for a modest fee, would more than likely (depending on the system, of course) be able to dial in and make the necessary programming changes.

Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help