atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NPtech COMDIAL hold music - 09/11/07 01:47 PM
we have COMDIAL Digitech model 7714S. When people call our office and select an extension, they used to hear a local radio station play while that extension was ringing. The same radio station would come on when a caller was placed on hold. The radio station has gone away and the caller only hears silence. We would like to get the radio station back or set the phone so the caller at least hears a ring instead of silence while the extension they selected is ringing. Can anyone help me?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: COMDIAL hold music - 09/11/07 02:01 PM
Find the telephone equipment. On the side there is a jack for music on hold. TRace that line to the radio source. Adjust the station as needed. Also be aware as someone just pointed out to me this could be an ASCAP violation and you'd probably be best finding a different source for background info...a message on hold player or a CD of royalty free music.
Posted By: nevtxjustin Re: COMDIAL hold music - 09/29/07 09:28 AM
Reminds me of a small discount grocery store that had a small FM radio and a PA mic on a goose neck bent down over the speaker.

Do an internet search for royalty free music and see what you find. Then get a $40 or so digital recorder instead of a CD player.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help