atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Comdial Impact - 09/17/07 12:51 PM
Can anyone how old the Comdial Impact system is? I normally handle Toshiba stuff, but the business my company just bought has some Comdial customers and one of our techs has Comdial background, but hadn't heard of this so he thinks it might be one of the newer models?
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Comdial Impact - 09/17/07 01:01 PM
Depends.....could be as old as the early 90's, or it could be as new as....now. The Impact phones worked on several different systems, the new Impact SCS phones (buttons across the top under the display) are for the FX-II or MP-5000 systems, and both of those are new products. The old impact phones (buttons down the right side) were for the DSU, DSUII, FX-T, FX-S, and Inntouch/Concierge systems (maybe a few I forget right now), but the old Impact phones work on the new systems as well.

I believe that in the earlier 90s the Impact phones were reserved for higher dealers,or something to that effect, and other dealers sold other model phones for the systems. If your tech has Comdial experience but not of the Impact line than it is either much older experience, or on the DX-80 made by T-Com....either way hearing of a Comdial tech that does not know of the Impact line is rather odd to be honest as it was Comdial's most popular system as far as I know.....

Steve

Steve
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Comdial Impact - 09/17/07 03:00 PM
Everything tampasteve said is correct, but I would like to add the DXP and the DXP-plus to the list. If you can get all the info on the tag on the KSU/DSU and send me a PM with that info I can help you.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Comdial Impact - 09/18/07 04:47 AM
Darn DXP and Plus! LOL, thanks, I knew I was missing something! smile

Steve
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Re: Comdial Impact - 09/19/07 08:32 AM
Well, if you count Comdial's version of 1A2, he may have worked on Comdial and never encountered an Impact system.

Impact phone sets were only sold to Comdial dealer/partners. If you were not a prescribed vendor, you could get the Impression system. Same digital KSU, but the plastics on the phone sets looked more like the Comdial Unisyn analog key system sets.

Since the originator of this post only knows what type telephone sets are in place, they are going to have a tough time with any current or near-past Comdial equipment. Should make all you Comdial dealers happier, one less competitor.
Posted By: brownandgold Re: Comdial Impact - 09/25/07 01:46 PM
the Comdial system 8024s is having a problem with the voicemail. Even though the voicemail boxes are NOT full, when a person is forwarded to the voice mail box by pushing the "voicemail" extension line, the caller is forwarded to the extention BUT never gets to the person's voicemail box, acting as if the receiver's voicemail is full, when in fact it is not. So the caller can't get through and I think is disconnected and has to call back again. The second time we tried sending the caller to a different voicemail box, and same problem happened- COULD NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE RESPECTIVE VOICEMAIL BOX. Anyway any ideas....?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial Impact - 09/25/07 03:29 PM
To get a better response you might start a new topic instead of tagging on to an existing one. Anyone that had seen/responded to this thread would not see you have a different issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help