atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: orion3311 Comdial DXP - DISA? - 09/26/07 02:38 PM
I was poking around VMMI and found options for DISA, which from what I understand would give a caller the capability to call back out via the PBX, amongst other things.

The help files aren't very helpful for this - would DISA be compatible with PRIs and/or DID lines, and if so, how do I set it up? I found the DISA configuration, as well as the authorization codes table, but not sure what to do after that?

It sounds to me like it has to go to some IVR prompt (through VM or an external box) first, but not sure where to go from there.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Comdial DXP - DISA? - 09/26/07 04:38 PM
The help files aren't very helpful for this - would DISA be compatible with PRIs and/or DID lines, and if so, how do I set it up? I found the DISA configuration, as well as the authorization codes table, but not sure what to do after that?
This area of programming goes beyond administation level and into the tech level which is why you might not find those files helpful. The authorization is quite important if you want to prevent abuse of your system from a hacker. I strongly recommend that you hire a local tech for this or PM one of the moderators for assistance.
Posted By: orion3311 Re: Comdial DXP - DISA? - 09/27/07 01:29 PM
Yeah I called our vendor a couple times asking to go over any unused features of the system, and they always show up with brochures for new systems. I gave up trying since our DXP is due to be replaced soon anyway.

I just saw the options for DISA and figured I'd see if its something we could use. I think I got it working on an analog line, but I couldn't get it to do anything other than call extensions. I did set up authorization codes but couldn't enter them in, and it wouldn't take #08 either. I disabled it again for now though since I know it has security implications.

Btw - I'm very versed in messing with hardware, phone systems (messed with Asterisk, Merlin, Partner, Tie) etc so I'm very careful in anything I mess with on it. I'm not one of those guys that changes dozens of settings then calls the vendor telling them they screwed it up. In fact I've fixed several things they actually DID screw up, mostly wiring problems that caused us issues ;-)
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Comdial DXP - DISA? - 09/28/07 02:31 PM
Just keep a copy of the database BEFORE you mess with it so you can put it back. wink
Posted By: nevtxjustin Re: Comdial DXP - DISA? - 09/29/07 08:25 AM
I'd go as far as printing the database out and keep a paper copy, even if its simple screen shots. Saved my butt when I couldn't load it from a floppy that was hanging on the wall next to the DXP - they would keep the outside door open and hot sun eventually ruined the disk.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help