atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary Golding MP5 CFOS Pad Levels - 02/20/08 02:01 PM
Ok, what I am encountering is a problem trying to find an acceptable trade off in balancing the Pad levels to accommodate the loss encountered when there is a trunk to trunk transfer during CFOS applications. Whenever the two CO's are bridged, there is a significant signal loss that I cannot find a suitable PAD level adjustment for the customer that does not effect the other applications of the trunks. Does anyone know of any tricks that might give me greater amplification? :bang:
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: MP5 CFOS Pad Levels - 02/23/08 10:49 AM
I've not found any. Unless it's a PRI, I don't like messing with padding levels. If the analog line is too hot or too soft, I try to go back to the telco to resolve it, rather than choking down or amplifying the problem. I doubt you're going to find a good balance to resolve this. Analog lines are imperfect by nature, and pairing them together simply multiplies the imperfections exponentially. If you tweak the padding levels where they make your CFOS sound better, most likely it's going to have a negative affect on regular calls. I suggest trying to find a solution through voicemail and Centrex transfers. CFOS is a great feature when you're using PRI. Aside from that, it's hit and miss to make it sound good. The same applies to conference calls and trunk to trunk transfers.

One other pad you could try adjusting, if you're going to try anyway, is the Conference Pad Level in Sys. Parameters. I don't know for sure that it will have an affect on CFOS, but it might be worth a shot.

Justin
Posted By: nah Re: MP5 CFOS Pad Levels - 02/27/08 07:10 PM
I have never had any luck either by adjusting every pad level and/or turning on Conference Pad Level in sys programming. I never give the option for CFOS when using POTS lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help