atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary Golding MP5 STATION CARD - 02/20/08 02:05 PM
Somewhere along the way I was lead to believe that Comdial was working toward revising the station card to accept the 7260 or 7261 phone sets. Has anyone else heard of this? I have a customer willing to upgrade from a DX80 to MP5 but only if he can salvage his phones?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/20/08 02:48 PM
DX80 sets on the MP platform was discontinued last I heard. You might call inside sales to verify however.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/20/08 04:19 PM
that is what I heard too. What is strange that at a Comdial dealer conference about 2 years ago they had the card in a FXII and it worked. I do not know what happen since it got that far. I would not count on it now.

Jim
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/23/08 10:59 AM
I was pretty upset when I learned this sometime back. It made for a great migration path, one I needed to use not too long ago, where we were moving a customer from a DX120 to an FXII to improve PRI integrations. Had the card been available, the customer could have kept their phones. Because the card was not available, all phones had to be replaced. I still don't understand the reasoning behind developing the card (talked about over a period of a couple years), developing one to show off to dealers, and then dumping the project. I guess once they started focusing on Wave, all other projects went off the table. :shrug:

Justin
Posted By: Gary Golding Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/28/08 12:26 PM
I recently learned more, I believe that the card was an MP5-DX16? But I'm not sure if it was ever marketed, or just under development.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/28/08 06:55 PM
If you look in the VMMI programming it is a card that you could put into the FXII. Of course that is if you could get the card.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: MP5 STATION CARD - 02/28/08 07:25 PM
QSIG was also in there earlier. We all know where that went. No where. I saw the card in use in a system in the Sarasota facility. Dumped because it would pull from FXII/MP5000 end point sales.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help