atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Doug Money 2 Comdial telephone questions - 11/11/08 10:32 AM
I have a customer that has outgrown a N0616 unit and needs to expand to around 24 phones. He has 4 CO lines. What recommendations do you have?

Question 2, is there a quick and easy way to fix the speakerphone portion of the phones? I have a few that you can hear but not speak on the speakerphone. I was hoping to save the time of sending them out for repair. Thanks,

Doug
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 2 Comdial telephone questions - 11/11/08 10:55 AM
1. An upgrade to a Comdial 2000 will allow expansion to 48 stations. These are readily available on the secondary market. The NO1024, 1432B and 2232 are also popular options that will support those phones.

2. Are you sure that they are speakerphones? Comdial made them in monitor-only and speakerphone versions. If the part number is 6714X vs. 6714S or E, then it is a monitor only set (the X being the key identifier).
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: 2 Comdial telephone questions - 11/11/08 03:09 PM
Ed is right on the money, the monitor phone will support hands free answer-back but that is through the handset. If you look close there will be a raised portion in the molding of the phone housing to raise the mic. portion of the handset. This is not a true spaeker phone and the quality is extremely poor if you try to use is as such.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help