atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TechSERVE Comdial VOIP? - 11/21/08 07:58 AM
Hey guys, I have an FXII with PRI trunking, and around a (100) 8324 sets hooked up in a light call center/help desk environment. This site is considering migrating to more work from home stations which they are handling today through CFOS to cell phones call routing. This is becoming cumbersome and is more of a bandaid fix as the volume of calls are picking up. What would it take to move this system to a VOIP set up and what could I gain feature wise to make this a viable solution.
I have limited knowledge on VOIP. Read up on the MP5000 and know enough to be dangerous, but wanted to check with the experts for an opinion.
Thanks for any feed back you may have.

TechSERV
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial VOIP? - 11/21/08 03:39 PM
The only VoIP application for telecommuters is the EP200 softphone. The IPrimo and EP300 SIP sets have been discontinued. A shame as the IPrimo worked well. The EP200 is a nice softphone but requires an IPSEC client to function outside the local LAN. I've done MANY IP networking from MP5000s to other MP5000s/FXIIs and that works extremely well.
Posted By: TechSERVE Re: Comdial VOIP? - 11/24/08 09:13 AM
Excellent thanks RBF. So, what hardware/Software is required in the FXII to add the VOIP Application, and can I still keep all my digital sets, DID's and PRI link in tact? I have two cabinets and they are full of LDS and IST cards.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial VOIP? - 11/24/08 09:23 AM
You will have to upgrade the processor to an MP5000 blade. You can keep everything that currently is installed in the system. You'd need to have SIP licenses, a 24G blade flashed for SIP so they communicate with the outside trunking. If the cabinets are totally full you'll also need a cabinet expansion key and another cabinet.
Posted By: TechSERVE Re: Comdial VOIP? - 11/24/08 10:11 AM
Cool, I can run with it from here. Thank you sir!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help