atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jason.bean DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/03/09 06:02 AM
I have a DXP system, not a phone guy here so need some advice.

we had a surge and it appeared to knock out a t1 card. Replaced the t1 card and I have no error lights on either of the t1 cards now. Verified the fiber and tranceivers between the t1 cards are good. at one end if I dial an extension to another building it says network busy, if I dial from the other end it says line error.

what else can I try. I manage this through the vmmi software but everything looks okay there as far as I know
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/03/09 06:33 AM
Welcome to Sundance Tech-Talk. welcome

If you took a surge that hard I would master clear the system and reload your database. I hope you have a copy saved BEFORE the surge.

Are the boards T1 or T1PRI? Have you checked the switch settings on the front of the card.
This is just a double check, from what you stated I think this part is ok.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/03/09 09:49 AM
How hard is it to reprogram from scratch?

this is a small school, less than 20 extensions

We hired someone to look at it, and they had no luck fixing it.
Posted By: jwooten Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/03/09 01:52 PM
I'm confused and that's real easy! Do you have a DXP or FX.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/03/09 02:02 PM
It is a DXP Plus
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 06:20 AM
Which Master Clear method do I use? There were 3 listed. I really didn't understand the difference in the 3.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 07:05 AM
You did answer the question of having a database back-up.
I would NOT master clear the system if you do not have a back-up. I will not go into the different master clear options in the open forum since this it installer level programming. Is this a point to point T1 between two DXP's? Are we talking T1, T1PRI, or DXNET boards.

The difficulty level of programming from scratch depends on how much programming was done to begin with. You may only have 20 phones but you also have a T1 circuit and most likely ARS programmed as well. You can email me the database to look at or put a modem on it.

With all due respect this is something you need to get a tech on site for. Was the person you hired a Comdial dealer? You can get support from one of us, via the PM option.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 07:27 AM
The tech that came said he did master clear and a reload of a know good database.

It is a point to point t1
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 08:11 AM
Please answer my questions so I can help you.

Do you have a back-up?

Which boards are you connecting the two systems with, (T1, T1PRI or DXNET) and are the two systems both DXP's?
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 03:50 PM
yes I have a back up

both cards are T1

They are both DXP-Plus

thanks so much for trying to help
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/04/09 05:03 PM
Plese send me a copy of your database so I can see how this is supposed to work.
If you are using T1 boards and not DXnet boards then you have tie lines and not networking. If you dail and extension in the other system without an access code then ARS is doing that for you. It sounds as if the ARS does not see the tie lines.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/09/09 06:06 AM
CMDL_GUY,

Did you find anything wrong in the Database?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/09/09 11:58 AM
I didn't get it, could you please send it again.

Sorry for the delay.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/16/09 01:01 PM
Originally posted by jason.bean:
yes I have a back up

both cards are T1

They are both DXP-Plus

thanks so much for trying to help
After looking at the database I find this system is using Comdial networking and is programmed for DXNET boards and not DXPT1 boards.

Where did you get the T1 boards?
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/23/09 06:18 AM
I don't know the system was already here when I was hired.

did you get to see the hub database and another node.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/23/09 08:59 PM
So if the original database showed the system as having DXNET cards, and you asked about "Hub" and "Node" (terms used in programming when using Impact Networking and the DXNET cards), then if you replaced the DXNET cards with DXPT1, you got the wrong cards. Those will not work in place of the DXNET card. They may look similar, but their firmware and functionality are different. If that's all that's really changed, I would suggest leaving the database as-is and getting the correct replacement cards.

My guess is that the fiber and transceivers are simply to get connectivity between two distant locations on your campus or site, so you can connect the two systems' cabinets together. Is that right?

Justin
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 02:54 AM
I don't know the system was already here when I was hired.

In your original post you stated replacing T1 boards. THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE T1 BOARDS.

Put DXNET boards in.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 05:02 AM
the board I replaced that was set as a dxnet in the programming, physcially was a dxpt1, it did not say dxnet on it. I put the same thing in that I took out.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 05:03 AM
Justin you are right on the fiber and tranceivers
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 06:26 AM
the board I replaced that was set as a dxnet in the programming, physcially was a dxpt1

This is not possible unless the T1 board was converted to DXNET.

I don't know how many ways I can tell you, you need a DXNET board.

The board you took out may have read DXPT1 because the factory converted boards when they ran low and did not always re-label them.

You net to get a qualified dealer to help you from here.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 06:31 AM
Are You kidding?

"The board you took out may have read DXPT1 because the factory converted boards when they ran low and did not always re-label them."
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 06:55 AM
Actually, wasn't there, at one time, a field conversion kit, similar to the one they had to change T1 cards to PRI cards? If so, I could see field technicians leaving off the sticker, or the factory leaving it out of the kit.

Also, doesn't the T1 board have no SIMM card, where the PRI and NET boards have the SIMM card added?

Justin
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 11:54 AM
okay if I have a known good dxpt1 card can it be converted to a dxnet card?

where is a good place to get some dxnet cards so I can try to fix this?
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 01:42 PM
Jason where exactly are you in Ky? My company installed several network systems in the schools there years ago and we might be able to assist.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/24/09 03:08 PM
where is a good place to get some dxnet cards so I can try to fix this

Click the "equipment" button at the top of the page.
Posted By: Ham Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/25/09 03:56 AM
These guys are 100% right! you can have a card that is Marked DXPT1 but has DXPNET eproms on them with Net firmware, and if the tech that installed it did not put the stickers on you would not know.
Posted By: jason.bean Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/25/09 04:51 AM
I am located in allen county kentucky
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: DXP Network Busy and Line Error - 03/25/09 03:26 PM
PM sent.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help