atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TechSERVE FXII Routing Question - 10/28/09 01:48 PM
Have a DID ringing into a hunt group, and overflowing to a second hunt group in a RNA situation. The DID has a VM ID assigned in the translation table. If I receive a RNA in the second Hunt Group, the call does go to VM, but recording says it is an invalid entry, then defaults to the main greeting box. How do I get the call to follow the VM ID assigned? Is it a trans.txt issue?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/28/09 01:52 PM
Vmail ID ALWAYS overrides trans.xxx modifications. Get rid of the Vmail ID and work with your trans.xxx.
Posted By: TechSERVE Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/29/09 07:51 AM
Thanks RBF, I will give it a go.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/29/09 08:28 PM
Dave, couldn't the VM ID be used in conjunction with the trans.txt to get the call to the desired box in voicemail?

Justin
Posted By: TechSERVE Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/30/09 05:43 AM
Justin, thanks for the response. I do have the VM ID set up in the DID Translation Table, but it is not routing to the assigned mailbox in a RNA Hunt group situation. Like you, I was thinking that would work. I may have identified the issue, as we did an upgrade last week from 4 ports to 8. The tech ran the set up function, and I believe that defaulted the trans.txt file. I may have to edit the tables to include this translation.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/30/09 08:51 AM
VM ID always over rides trans.xxx changes. Use "pilot number as voice mail ID" in the hunt group programming instead. That entry plays well with trans.xxx.
Posted By: TechSERVE Re: FXII Routing Question - 10/30/09 12:36 PM
Thanks, I was trying to use an existing routing box already in use, so thats why I didnt use the pilot number as the VM ID and have to recreate another route box. The other route box is all set to go. I just updated the trans.txt files. I will let you guys know how that worked out. As always, thanks for the input!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help