atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rvdsabu4life Vertical Edge 100 Call Waiting Enable? - 12/16/09 12:08 PM
Vertical Edge 100 12 Button Phone
MP5000 System

When I get a call, I am not notified that there is someone calling in. They just go straight to voice mail.

Anyone have any ideas on how to change that?

I have been through 2 online PDFs and neither answer my question.
Can you be intercommed from another station? Is your ringer turned off? Your set could be in DND. If the calls can't get through from an auto attendant your mailbox may be set to no trnasfer or have the transfer options changed to go somewhere other than your extension.
Yes I can be intercommed. No the ringer is not off. No its not on DND.

Well, I get no option to answer the phone. I just know someone called because my voice mail light will come on.
Check your voicemail box transfer status. It's probably no transfer instead of blind.
OK so I changed this status. It didn't make any difference. Both ways it just goes directly to voice mail.
So a person call dial station to staion and you can receive the call but an external call goes straight to voicemail? Or is it a transfereed call from an operator or auto attendant?
Internally they can do station to station. Yes, an external call goes right to voicemail BUT is it from an auto attendant
Check that the "transfer to" field is set to X and the transfer type is blind. If that is correct open your mailbox and listen to your transfer options under Menu 3 Options.
Hi,

I think you missed that he is saying when he is on another call the second call goes direct to voicemail. You are going to have to log into vmmi and change programming on your extension. You will need a tech to do this. Call whoever maintains your system. Hope this helps

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
631 956 0100
Long Island, New York
My bad he did not say he was on the phone. You are riight Rather be I thought he was already on call.
I will check this and report back
When I go into that option in my phone, the transfer to extension is my extension but there is no transfer type?
Transfer type is defined in the Voice Mail GUI.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help