atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SirTom Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/22/09 08:29 AM
I am trying to get a Comdial Impact DSU to work with Keyvoice voicemail. The Voicemail is working fine and the Dialogic Card test runs fine. The DSU has ext 38 -41 set to ATI Device. If run the Dialogic PBXpert the wizard fails on the “Auto Line” test under “Dialing” and if I skip that test the DSU Tones fails too. I’m not sure if I have a programming problem or if the Lines coming out of the DSU are bad. Is there a way to check if the lines on the DSU are okay? Any advice would greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Al Rivas Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/22/09 08:33 AM
Is the Keyvoice analog or digital? ATI-D convert digital to analog...Also you have to set up a pilot number in the KSU if it's a DSU I. Otherwise there is a little bit of programming involved along with the first time set up for the Vmail...
Posted By: SirTom Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/22/09 09:01 AM
Analog
The Voice Mail card is a Dialogic D/41h
They had a Keyvoice that died and I put in a spare that we had.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/23/09 07:31 AM
Was the other voicemail also analog? Is the D/41H connected to ATI-D modules or a JM008 module? You'll need to run First Time Setup on the voicemail, not PBXpert.

Justin
Posted By: SirTom Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/23/09 08:49 AM
Yes, the other was a analog too. I did run the First Time Setup on the voicemail and reboot the pc before running the PBXpert. I think it was connected to ATI-D modules (verify that with the site now).
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 12/23/09 08:58 PM
If you put a butt set on the ports from the DSU, you should get a "splash tone" (DTMF digit 9, I believe). If not, the ports need to be reconfigured as voicemail ports.

Justin
Posted By: SirTom Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 01/21/10 07:34 AM
Can anyone tell me if a RTI-D is the same as a ATI-D or what a RTI-D is?
The site has 3 RTI-D.
I think they use to have an old Dos KeyVoice Voice Mail system.
The DSU has ext's connected to these RTI-D's and then run to where the Voice Mail system is.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 01/21/10 11:19 AM
It may look like an "R" but it's an "A". Each device supports 2 ports and the ports must be paired. You previously stated 38-41 are connected so your OK there. You can connect a LT to 232a port and look at the programming with hyperterm.
Posted By: SirTom Re: Comdial Impact DSU with Keyvoice - 01/29/10 06:33 AM
Had to visit the site to fix the problem. Ending up being a wiring issue.
The Tech they had call in ran wires from the ext to both side of the ATI-D and the Voice Mail. So, when the phone system call a Voice Ext it was trying to dial the voice-mail and both side of the ATI-D all at the same time? Not sure where got his wiring diagram?

Oh well, that what make life interesting.

That for all your suggestions. This has be a great forum for solving problems.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help