atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nonameyet Exception table? - 02/02/10 03:52 PM
Comdial MP5000, DID rings in, no match on DID table, where does it Default to? The Operator? There is No alternate ext programed in the DID Block options, In this case, It is Not ringing the Operator, but, instead Voicemail is answering it, we are thinking that maybe the carrier is not giving us what digits we " think " we are receiving, anyway to trace this? Other than using Trace on the Voicemail?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Exception table? - 02/02/10 06:00 PM
You can use the voice mail trace to see what the mail is seeing to cause it to answer. Personally if you have nothing programmed in the DID table I'd bet on a ringing line appearance on a digital set that's not plugged in with a fwd to voice mail in the class of service. You could always pull the SMDR records in Hperterm to see if you see any incoming digits on the call. Oh and it should default to the Operator unless line ringing is assigned elsewhere.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Exception table? - 02/02/10 06:26 PM
All right, let me tell you the rest of it. it is 2 systems networked together, P to P inbetween, Database has been worked on by too-many hands--some Not really Knowing what they were doing--><-- and some afraid to take it out-- one of the systems has the correct DID digits in the table, but, it is not following that table, the reason I know this is because I unplugged the PRI and called in the number in question and it still got answered by the voicemail in the other system, so, i know it's not hitting the correct switch--If I look at that database, it does not have the number programmed in the DID table -- another long story--
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Exception table? - 02/03/10 03:30 PM
I guess my 2nd post was too much info :shrug:
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Exception table? - 02/03/10 03:59 PM
Email me your 2 databases...I'll take a look. Include what DID number you're trying to translate. Sorry for the delayed response..I got a million things going on.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Exception table? - 02/03/10 05:14 PM
Thanks, RBF, I will try to get them to you tomorrow, they are on the laptop...in the van.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help