atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dwflood FXII Networking question - 03/11/10 03:22 PM
Customer is a bank with two locations networked together (both FXII). The main location is the hub and the branch office located a few blocks away is the node.

The hub wants their main number (PRI/DID) to ring the existing ring-all hunt group that is the lobby phones. If no answer in two rings, then ring the similar ring-all hunt group at the branch.

How is the best way to accomplish this?

Can a hunt group in a node be an overflow destination?

Is there a way for the node to know its a call from the hub by distinctive ring tone?

Can both hunt groups ring simultaneously? In other words, ring the hub and if no answer then ring both hub and node hunt groups together?

Thanks for any input!
Posted By: aweaver Re: FXII Networking question - 03/11/10 08:27 PM
As far as I know hunt groups do not support networked extensions or reroutes in any way. You many be able to add the node hunt group in the hub DID table under "remote delayed ringing" The delay timer is fixed at 4 rings.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII Networking question - 03/12/10 07:32 AM
I believe I've done it before. You either add the remote stations in a near side ring group, or you create the far end ring group on the far end and then add the pilot number to the network table.

Justin
Posted By: dwflood Re: FXII Networking question - 03/13/10 05:24 AM
Here's what I did to make this work...

The hub's ring group overflow destination is an unused IST extension in the hub set to forward all calls after 1 second to an unused IST extension in the node which is forward all calls to a ring group there.

Not pretty but it worked...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help