atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dlev123 Software module on GO 816 - 03/22/10 02:21 PM
Does the Software module hold the programming database?
I have a system that I am thinking that I need to swap out.
Can I move the module over to the new system and will the programming transfer over also?

The system is a GO 816 with a GM 408 expansion module. Impact phones.

A side note: the problem with the system is that sometimes when on a call the call will go dead. The phone does not go dead, the line appearance still shows the call still there.
I did some testing and found that the call is not dropped it is just that the user at the comdial phone cannot hear anything.
If you press a touchtone key on the comdial phone the call comes back. It is like the voice path between the phone and the system is cut off and is re-established once the key is pressed.
This happens about 5 times an hours, can find no pattern, it has happened when I was the only one on the phones.
It also happens on all phones and is not tied to any particular line.
It has me baffled, I can see no other option than to replace the system.
Thanks
Don
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: Software module on GO 816 - 03/22/10 03:31 PM
You may possibly have dirty contacts on the co card; try swaping the card.
Posted By: STS E Re: Software module on GO 816 - 03/22/10 03:38 PM
Reseat amp cables, and ribbon cable on expansion module.

If problem still exist,default and reprogram system.

Make sure amp cable screw is not to tight, as it will not allow proper fit to connector.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Software module on GO 816 - 03/23/10 04:10 AM
Never tried moving the software to see if programming remained. The pattern you did find is this issue affects all sets! Do a backup then master clear it. Have a look at the loop current while your at it, too!
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Software module on GO 816 - 03/23/10 03:30 PM
Something else you can try is a good reset..Turn the power off..leave it shut down for 20 minuets then plug it back in..it could be false data that comes from power spikes.
Jim
The GO is a sealed type of cabinet..not a card style.
Posted By: Steve C Re: Software module on GO 816 - 03/24/10 05:41 AM
You could easily make a back up of the data base and upload it to the new cabinet
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help