atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JoeP1980 Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/09/10 04:40 PM
Hi there! I'm attempting to change the display name on a Comdial DX-80. I scrubbed the manual, but there was no instruction on how to do so. My office doesn't have an in-house IT guy, so I'd like to avoid having one called out. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/09/10 04:58 PM
Welcome to the board, JoeP1980 welcome

Do you have access to a manual for the system? If so, you can try to follow the steps in the manual to program the names. If you can't figure it out you may have to call in someone to make the changes for you. Or, you could try contacting one of the comdial Moderators via email or PM and see if they can offer you some assistance. Good luck. aok
Posted By: dtmf Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/09/10 06:18 PM
Well if you have a manual as you mentioned it's under,,, Extension User Names ,,, it's in there my friend.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/09/10 06:40 PM
Are you sure you have a manual---not a User Guide??
Posted By: JoeP1980 Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 09:07 AM
I do not have the manual. Only the User's Guide. I tried searching on google, but couldn't find a pdf of the manual. Does anyone here happen to have it?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 09:25 AM
Use the link ("Manuals") button at the top of this page.
Posted By: JoeP1980 Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 02:55 PM
I don't have admin access to the system. According to my colleagues, the gentleman that setup the system is no longer contracted with us. Is there a workaround?
Posted By: jwooten Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 05:16 PM
The Internet is an amazing place.. Do a search for "programming manual DX-80" and you will find what you seek!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 08:02 PM
If you don't have the system password you will need a Vert/Comdial tech to access the system programming. It stinks they made something as usual as this an admin level program, but it is what it is.
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/12/10 11:08 PM
If you need help finding a tech who services your area, let me know. I know of a company who covers Hayward and other areas around the bay.

Justin
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/13/10 07:28 AM
PM Sent
Posted By: JoeP1980 Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 04/13/10 11:04 AM
Thanks for the help, everyone!
Posted By: technogeezer Re: Changing name on Comdial DX-80 - 08/16/10 08:37 AM
If you are still in need of info to program system names, I have reduced the rather cryptic info in the programming guide to a simple, concise single page instruction sheet. It shows each entry key by key and the response shown on the display at every keystroke. Assume your system password is the default ----. If not you will have to learn your password. Happy to email it to you on request. Godfrey
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help