atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: thebranf Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 08:31 AM
Good Morning!
How can we change the initial "greeting" message for the Comdial Impact system? For example, when someone calls my office, the "greeting" says, for John, press 18, for Ted, pres 16, etc. We are looking to re-record that.
Many thanks in advance.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 08:37 AM
A Comdial Impact is a phone, the system is running Impact software, and the greeting comes from an external VOICE MAIL/AUTO ATTENDANT.

That is administered from a master mailbox by logging into the voice mail system and keying the mailbox and password.

You can change it by looking around for the administrator's manual for the particular voice mail system you have.

Carl
Posted By: thebranf Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 10:47 AM
Hi Carl. Thank you. The system was purchased used with no manual, the office admin died, and our "phone guy" has been MIA for a few months. Any leads on where we can start to find a manual? Is there anyone that you know who can help us service this system?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 12:46 PM
You will need to find out what Voice mail it is using before anyone cab give you any advise.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 01:43 PM
Where is Melville?
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 05:38 PM
Melville is about 10 minutes from my office. I am cert on all Comdial and I can help you out.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
Long Island, NY 11757

631 956 0100
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Comdial Impact Greeting Message - 01/21/11 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ComdialJim:
Melville is about 10 minutes from my office. I am cert on all Comdial and I can help you out.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
Long Island, NY 11757

631 956 0100
Well,That's what I was getting at,Go for it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help