atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paul Campo Dx-120 CO Lines Ringing at all Stations - 03/28/11 10:18 AM
I have a DX-120 that has 5 CO lines. The first four lines ring to the Auto Attendant... The 5th line, I want to ring at all stations. It is our back office phone that doe not get answered by the AA. How would I program this CO line to ring at all stations?
Paul:

Did you ever get in contact with a technician? (See your last post of November 2009). Do you have a Programming Manual?? Have you been into system programming before?

How many stations do you need to ring? Usually, if it's over 3 or 4 stations, I put them into a UCD group and make that group ring. You then have to figure out and program what you want the call to do if no one answers---there are ring timers involved. It sounds as if you would have that back office phone's voice mail box answer after so many rings.

I think you would save both time and money if you just got someone to program that for you. Do you have a modem on the system?? If so, a local tech could do that remotely for not a whole lot of money. Maybe someone will have some better ideas.
We I have 7 stations. It doe not need to go to voicemail... I can ring an ring and ring. Only the staff uses this line. I have had this working previously and lost some of my system programming. I do not have a modem but do have a local tech... I guess I will call him.
With 7 stations, I'd put them into a UCD ring group. Your tech can label this group so that the name comes up in the LCD display when it rings. Maybe "BackOff"---or something like that. I'm sure you can think of a better name for the UCD group.

Also, all of the phones' DSS keys will light up on all of the phones when that line has a caller---making it visually very attention-grabbing.

Also--do you know why you lost some of your programming? Just curious. Does your local tech know??
Yep, I was trying to change the time on my system and I loaded a blank database and then sent the whole database from my PC to the phone system... dumb mistake on my part.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help