atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ed MacVaugh New User Questions DX-80 - 04/06/11 08:20 PM
I moved my company location to a new building over the weekend and inherited responsibility for a Comdial DX-80 system with solid state voicemail.

It is a small office with 7 phones and four CO lines so the partners want to try to get me up to speed so they can justify my time by adding the phone system to my IT responsibilities.

The system came with manuals dated 2003 volumes I & II. There is a serial cord for access to the KSU, but no software disk.

I see eBay ads for DX-80 and 120 software on CDs. Is this a good source for the PC-DBA program?

The oldest laptop I have to do changes to this system runs Windows XP. Can I run that program on XP?

The system has a tenant partition using three of the phones and part of the voicemail. Can I place all four CO lines on all the phones (thus removing the partition) without losing the existing primary voicemail prompts?

The sound source for the Music On Hold and Background Music is a pair of Tivoli radios with about 32 ohm outputs and, of course, the input on the DX-80 is the telephony standard 600 ohms. Anyone have a source for impedance matching transformers?

I appreciate any input regarding these issues!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: New User Questions DX-80 - 04/07/11 04:08 PM
1. If I recall correctly, the DX-80 manual was one book--the DX-120 was in 2 volumes.

2. What software do you have on the DX-80? That's the PCDBA software number that you have to get--unless you get the highest number which I think is F42.

3. You'd have to ask the e-bay seller about what is on the CD.

4. I run PCDBA on 98 and also on XP--just fine

5. "Part of the voicemail" I don't think so. Whatever you want to do seems quite plausible. It's all programming.

6. Rat Shack, maybe. I haven't had to use one in 10 or more years.

Good Luck.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: New User Questions DX-80 - 04/11/11 03:21 PM
Save your self alot of heart problems and call a Comdial dealer who can come in and get you setup. If you want to admin yourself fine but to just try and start from know basis of knowledge is just asking for a problem. Just my 2 cents.

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help