atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: combssl DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/09/11 02:50 PM
A friend got a Comdial system at a auction and I'm setting it up, I work mainly with Nortel KSU and went through the manuals and getting most of it so far.

However two glitches with VM:

1. the visual vm key just says "no such station" but gets prompts on the screen by dialing the vm number and logging in.

2. mwi won't turn off after listening and deleting msgs.

I went back through the vm setup on the DSU II and vm system and can't figure out how to fix these glitches.

TIA....
Posted By: jwooten Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/09/11 07:18 PM
Default everything and do a master clear. Get the dsu working first, then work the voicemail. You may have to do a first time setup on the voicemail.
Posted By: combssl Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/10/11 05:37 AM
I was hoping for a less severe method, we have done master clear on the dsu several times when programming lines to have them ring on the right sets. I ran through the initial setup on vm on bootup, I'll try it again.

Are all Comdials this way, needing to be cleared almost everytime to make basic programming changes?
Posted By: jwooten Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/10/11 08:23 AM
Absolutely not, but we now know where you started. Did you connect the vm serial port to the dsu?
Posted By: combssl Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/11/11 06:29 AM
yes, the serial is connected to COM3 as per the installation manual, it's just the two issues.
Posted By: jwooten Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/11/11 10:00 AM
I presume the vm has digital connections, is a small office and not a debut. Have you verified the serial cable and connector assembly are good? You can use it for comm1 connection and system programming! If the vm is small office a serial link failure will come up on the screen.
Posted By: combssl Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/11/11 03:53 PM
its a small office, I went back through the vm setup and now mwi is working right, however I don't get prompts on the phones anymore. I connected vm com1 to a pc with hyperterminal and see the prompts coming from vm preceded by ascii characters like spade symbol, if I connect to any com port on the DSU there's no response to carrage return.

Another odd thing when we were testing AA is whatever exten is option 1 gets a call from vm while the AA greeting is playing, when the phone is answered vm says "call for you" but doesn't connect the call
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DSU II and Voice Mail settings - 05/11/11 04:22 PM
"If I connect to any com port on the DSU there's no response to carrage return."

You have the wrong cord/pinout/baud rate.

As far as the "call for you" scenario you have the mailbox setup for screened transfer...it's doing what you are asking. Try blind transfer and see if that doesn't help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help