atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/18/11 07:53 AM
Hi... Vertical Dealer here. Long time DX installer. I have a Dx-80 A33 in house. I have caller ID, and it works fine. However, when I'm on a call or icm I just see the name of the UCD that is ringing and not the caller id info. There's gotta be a way for it to show me the caller id of that other line that is ringing.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance guys!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/18/11 08:22 AM
Not sure if this will work but try setting the "Busy Ring allow, deny" to Allow. see user guide.
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/19/11 05:53 AM
I think if you are using a UCD to ring, the CID will not appear if the phone is busy. The line must be set to ring the phone in order to see the CID info when busy. Had one of these several weeks ago when they got CID installed.

I added the phones where the CID was important to ring the extensions also in addition to the UCD. Then CID appeared if busy
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/19/11 07:01 AM
That's correct, I just tested it.
Posted By: tylan Re: DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/19/11 07:06 AM
I thought that direct ringing would solve it... After I posted this yesterday. I haven't had a chance to test.

I'm still not sure if i can do it... I send all calls to our VM first, so it rings a ucd. I don't think I can get it to ring extensions directly. When I'm not busy, I'm goin to have to play around with our in house dx80.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX-80 Caller ID on Busy Ext - 05/19/11 09:34 AM
If you ring a UCD group it will not get second call CID. There is not a workaround for it if you're transferring to a UCD group.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help