atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brucetafer DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/05/11 09:12 AM
just moved from california to florida, and the unit was not hooked up for 3-4 weeks, and lost the programming... im looking for a installer in the orlando area or just a couple of hints, i have all the manuals, and setup this with the pc-dba software around 5 years ago so im familiar with this unit..

2 main problems. VM and basic setup...

i have a single tennant group 1 company 10 phones. no software, all done on the phone...

VM was setup to go to hunt group 433, and says no legal member.. any tips??

i called vertical, (what a joke)...
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/05/11 01:34 PM
also can answer position be grouped together by tennant group?? seems like in the programming, you are allowed to have 6 extensions ring per CO... we need all phones to ring...
Posted By: jwooten Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/05/11 05:31 PM
Replace the batteries and perform a cold start. Make sure all connectors are firmly seated.
Posted By: EdFromNYC Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:17 AM
try calling vm extensions(157,158,ect. no legal member means the pbx thinks you have no voicemail. make sure vm has a heartbeat(top right, steady flash)
Posted By: skip555 Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:31 AM
do yourself a favor and get a Comdial tech in to set it up for you
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:38 AM
Well, ive tried to get a tech, no luck in this area, everybody is nortel,

Already replaced the batteries and performed coldstart, busy light is solid green on the harddrive VM.

calling 157 says out of service, eventhough those ports are setup as VM.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:38 AM
Oh Skip? https://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_distance_between_Orlando_Florida_and_Sarasota_Florida

LOL
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 08:23 AM
well, i think ive nailed the problem, the harddrive is trashed... restarted the system again, and the hard drive made a noise that makes anybody in the tech industry cringe... anyway to try and copy the information off that drive and get a new one? or do i need to purchase a new voicemail card.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 09:02 AM
Does the In-skin have a set of instructions or is it magic (IFM) how it interfaces to the DX-80? It has a sequence of assigning stations to group 24 which is 433 by default. I'd go through the whole installation process, but when you can't directly dial the VM ports (do they assign in ascending order?) it sounds like your VM card is not initializing or broken.

I'd try to find a dealer or a VM instruction set or both.

EDIT: Oops, composed before but sent after your post. There is a company that repairs or replaces VM systems and a Comdial dealer can get your unit exchanged or repaired. It's a tad pricey to replace, not so much to repair. Now it comes down to how much you want to put into it. Sucking the contents of the HD is probably not cost effective.

Carl
Posted By: johnp Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 02:12 PM
If the vm supports a compact flash, I'd likely go that route for the 10 users.
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:30 PM
nope, totally new board at 1k bucks... ouch...

anybody know a good source to send it to??
Posted By: skip555 Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:59 PM
click on the phone repair link at the top of the page here , they can help you out
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/06/11 07:59 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/07/11 09:22 AM
thanks skip and rbf, they said they can fix it for 150 or 175 with flash... im sending it in today.. thanks guys!!
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 09:52 AM
well, does anybody have the keylink to reformat the hard drive???

i have the keylink software, but i need to get it up asap...
Posted By: skip555 Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 10:25 AM
sounds like your best bet is to pick up a new or refubed unit to get you back up if you cant wait for a repair

you've already been messing with it for a week or so , a vender could have had you back in business last week
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 10:55 AM
For $250 you could have been shipped a new, formatted HD and returned the old one for trade.
Even from Ohio, it would have been 2-4 days.

It's tough to find any sympathy from anyone here, especially since you posted this a week ago last Tuesday.

Carl
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 12:45 PM
if companies here actually knew what they were doing i would be up and running already, i had 2 guys come yesterday and today and both said, oh, uh, we cant fix that one.... eventhough we specifically said that unit we had before we had them come out... so i just said screw it and shipped it to usedphones.com...

man the phone industry around here is a joke, they come out, said they could have us up and running within 2-3 hours after i told them which board and such, and then charged us 175 bucks and did nothing??? uhh yeah try and get my cash... hopefully usedphones.com is as good as some of you say on here... they seem really informative over the phone...
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 12:47 PM
does anybody have a GOOD knowing place in the orlando area that actually works on comdial stuff???
Posted By: Stoph Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 02:26 PM
KeyCom in Winter Park used to be a Comdial dealer with a lot of experience. I knew Phil Medina back in the day. You could look them up.
407-949-0636
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/12/11 03:03 PM
I second KeyCom...Phil's a great guy.
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/13/11 05:55 AM
sweet, thanksguys, ill give em a shout today...
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 07/14/11 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Brucetafer:
also can answer position be grouped together by tennant group?? seems like in the programming, you are allowed to have 6 extensions ring per CO... we need all phones to ring...
Need to use ucd programming for more than 6 phones, only "bad" thing you run into is that all the stations that ring in the ucd group will light up, some people throw a fit :bang: .
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: DX-80 Moving Nightmare - 08/09/11 11:55 AM
well thanks guys for helping me out with this issue... board and hard drive went bad... now i just have one last question and made a new thread...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help