atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Zach Boulanger Programming Impact to ring - 07/07/11 07:41 PM
We have a comdial impact system. Currently 3 of the stations ring for all incoming stations, I would like to make it so an additional station rings for incoming calls. I cannot find out to do this in any of the manuals on the internet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Programming Impact to ring - 07/08/11 04:25 AM
What you have are Impact phones. The system is determined by what they are controlled by. It should be in an equipment room of some sort, black or grey metal box hanging on the wall. Could be something else.

Just note--even if you get a manual, and have never before programmed one of these--you may need the services of your local Comdial technician.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Programming Impact to ring - 07/28/11 04:16 PM
if it's a g(black) or a j(gray) dsu then you need a computer, db9 connector, usb to serial connector, hyperterminal. depending on if it's a 408, 816, 1632, you may find a com port 1 directly on it or there should be a jack coming off the amphenol cable which is what you plug in off the db9. best off calling someone who works on them it should be a 5 minute job take longer to turn on the laptop haha.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Programming Impact to ring - 07/29/11 07:20 AM
dtcd21
You can program the DSU/DSUII with a phone on port 10 and 12, you don't have to have a pc.

Zach Boulanger,
Look on the right side of the KSU and you should see a white sticker with model number, if it is a DSU/DSUII you can program it with a phone and it is all in the admin manual under Flexible Ringing Assignments. But as JW posted you may need a tech if you've never played with one.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Programming Impact to ring - 07/31/11 02:34 PM
I know this but your average joe is probably never going to figure it out through the phone way easier on the computer
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help