atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Navarro Quick! What's that noise? - 08/03/11 01:14 PM
Oh, this morning it was the FX dropping. This afternoon, the DX. Both gone by 9/30 or sooner :-)

Carl
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/03/11 02:30 PM
" Wave " them Bye-Bye !
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/03/11 08:01 PM
It stinks because it is not the market deciding it is vertical. The FXII/MP5000 were great systems, add interchange and it was the best system I have worked on. The Wave is good but lacking telephone features. It will get there but when? Avaya same thing, no more ACS or Legend Magic. Vodiva guys are feeling the pain also. But what can we do? I wish they would have waited for the wave to get a bit better. The viewpoint on the wave is really cool and so is call clasifier but sohva? HFAI?
Posted By: Stoph Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/09/11 06:55 AM
I feel your pain Jim. We were die hard Comdial guys from '89 to '09, but we just couldn't take it any more. So many promises, so many delays. We've moved on.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/09/11 05:34 PM
What did you move too?
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/10/11 06:20 PM
I am (was) die-hard Comdial too. I knew the end was really near last fall when I wanted to quote a new (referred) customer an FXII. Their IT guy wanted VOIP, but the boss wasn't sure. So I got called, and talked them into an FXII. When I started quoting the job, I found out that there were no DSS consoles, and was told that there would be no more. Now what? The answer was to go secondary for the consoles.

Why would I sell someone a new system, and put secondary equipment on it. My reputation means too much, so I gracefully thanked them for the opportunity to talk to them, and walked away. The NBX wasn't in existance at that point yet.

The IT guy won, and in speaking to the boss several weeks ago, it must not be very good. I think they got Cisco, and you know the IT guys know it all about Comm.
Posted By: Stoph Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/11/11 11:40 AM
Toshiba
Posted By: Brucetafer Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/12/11 01:04 PM
had the same deal with the guy who ran telco from the street to the box, he said he used to sell for comdial when it was here in florida, and he made tons of cash doing it... now he works for the tel company and makes 1/8 of what hes used to... sad...
Posted By: skip555 Re: Quick! What's that noise? - 08/12/11 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Brucetafer:
had the same deal with the guy who ran telco from the street to the box, he said he used to sell for comdial when it was here in florida, and he made tons of cash doing it... now he works for the tel company and makes 1/8 of what hes used to... sad...
there s plenty of other manufacturer out there for a good salesman ...I heard the same BS from a CLEC guy not to long ago ..you know Comdial wasn't in FL all that long
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help