atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 6string DX80 Voicemail - 08/05/11 05:03 PM
History on a strange issue:
We replaced a VM for a customer because theirs was dead. The replacement VM is a flash based 4 port. After the VM was replaced we started making test calls and everything seemed great. However about an hour later we noticed the VM ports were stuck in a loop and would not release without a power cycle. For some reason calls are coming into the auto-attendant and then at some point the VM ports get stuck in a loop. I checked the UCD programming and they seem fine for the application. If we remove the pre-defined forward busy to VM. The problem seems to clear. Tech support said we need to upgrade from A32 to A33 to be able to send a caller to VM while busy. So we upgraded and re-programmed from scratch. The problem is back after a week. We removed pre-defined busy to VM to see what happens.

Any idea's?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DX80 Voicemail - 08/06/11 10:50 AM
MarkK --Comdial moderator--(from PA, too) has written extensively in this forum about that subject. What I remember is it's usually a member that is in a UCD group and also as an overflow or Re-Route destination. If I remember correctly, that's a no-no. There may also be a tran.txt file tweak. I also remember a corrupt database being a problem on one thread.

See if you can search for one or more of those threads. They might help. If I have time in the next few days, I'll go through some of my notes that I wrote about this. I have also talked to him about this on the phone about 3 years ago or so. This problem started with my first DX-80 (F28) with hard drive VM. As of today---knock on wood--I really haven't had a problem like that in 3 or 4 years.

From what I remember, the solution is simple --it's just finding out what that simple solution is that's the problem. :thumb:
Posted By: 6string Re: DX80 Voicemail - 08/06/11 01:10 PM
Great. I'll do a search and any information you may have is very much appreciated.

Thanks JWRacedog!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help