atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Salvadore DSU II and a Debut VM config question - 08/23/11 03:26 AM
I installed a J1632 DSU II the other day. Made a adapter for the RS-232 interface and got her programmed just the way they wanted. The system also came wth a Debut VM system. Got it wired in, installed the ATI-D and connected it to ports 24 and 25, the last 2 extensions on the block. Ran a 4 conducter RJ 12 silver satin straight patch cable from COM3 on the 1632 to COM2 on the Debut. I programmed 24 and 25 as VM ports on the 1632. As it is now if I dial extensions 24 and 25 the VM answers. I know I need to put 24 and 25 into a group and then I assume assign that group as the overflow for the CO lines, 1-5. I am not sure how to do this. The customer wants the VM to pick up on the 6th ring. So is there a magic group number as there is on other systems? The manual is kind of vague. This customer wants customizations done to the VM and I do not have the software. I plan on using the existing config and just re-record the prompts. For now I just need the VM to pick up on all lines after the 5th ring. Any help appreciated.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: DSU II and a Debut VM config question - 08/23/11 04:14 AM
Need to assign the ports to VM then add them into a roll group aka start 24 roll 24 to 25 then 25 back to 24. As for the time till vm answers you need to put the 2 vm ports on a delayed ring on all lines and then change the transfer recall timer i believe it is to whatever equates to the number of rings you want, this will also affect how many rings till vm takes over at an extension..did you even do setup on the VM or just plug it in and go?
This is a new customer. They bought the system without consultation and called me to install it. It's my first Comdial but it seemed workable. The VM came with it but the buyer did not get the password. He's trying to get it from the previous owner at this time. So the new owner just said use the existing menu and change the prompts for now. Can't do that until we get the password, though. I do not have the software to do a console config. I'm just trying to get it roughed in for now. If any Comdial techs in southern Cali want to take this on let me know. What the new owner wants is to be able to do extension transfers from the AA. The way it is set now all you can do is dial an extension and leave a message for that extension owner.
Well I got lucky and guessed the password. It was 1111. I figured if I just started there I'd hit it before going all the way to 9999. Anyway, I hired a Comdial tech to finish the VM since I have no access to the precious config software. Beats me why they hold on so tight to the thing since this Debut is DCd.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help