atcomsystems.ca/forum
Installing dealer abandoned customer and he is having issues of phantom ringing on four Edge 120 phones with lights going on and phantom ringing but this is not happening with the older DX120 phones.

Also he thinks this problem started when a 4 CO card was added to the basic 8 cabinet.

Have you seen this before and could it be just the 4 CO card or just the phones?

I am NOT a Comdial guru, just trying to point him in the right direction.

Thanks, Bunnie
It could be that; what lights flash when the ring occurs? A specific line button? Are the phantom sets members of a UCD group or answer position? What does the LCD show during phantom ring?
Is there an 8 port extension card added instead of a 16?
The 8 port station cards work fine in the DX120. I suspect one of two things, faulty CO4 card or the system needs to be reinitialized. Like all Tecom products it sometimes has issues when you add any hardware without reinitializing. This has been a problem for years.
In some 120 cabinets the 8prt expansion cards are ok, others they will go nuts, it may not be for 2,3 years, but we've had 5+ go nuts lighting lights and the common denominator was 8 port extension cards. Replaced with 16prt cards and it was fine.
Thanks, I will have the customer get more detailed reports of exactly what is happening per set.
In some 120 cabinets the 8prt expansion cards are ok, others they will go nuts, it may not be for 2,3 years, but we've had 5+ go nuts lighting lights and the common denominator was 8 port extension cards. Replaced with 16prt cards and it was fine.
---------------------------------------------------

Odd, I had a massive inventory (couple of hundred) of 8 port cards and used them almost exclusively with no trouble at all.

By chance was it a certain release of Edge phones or certain version of software?

Speaking of that, I still have lots of 8 port cards, PRI cards, DX80 expansions, CO cards and a dozen flash mails if anybody needs any.
Posted By: jcd Re: Phantom ringing on Edge 120 phones on DX120 - 03/20/12 08:48 PM
Hi, I am looking for a 4-port expansion module (7273), 8 phones (7261), and a 16 digital port expansion card (7221), do you have these available?
Deltron, PM sent.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help