atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skyloc Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 12:50 PM
I acquired a Comdial DSU II with Comdial Keyvoice Small Office Lite System voice mail. This system was originally installed around 1998 just to give you the age of the system. I've setup everything myself using the DSU II installation manual, but I need some help with the auto attendant feature. I've setup everything with a Impact 8324SJ-FB phone, I didn't hook a laptop to the keyvoice PC.

With the current setup the auto attendant answers, but only when the system is placed in night transfer mode, ITCM *#03, then 1 to enable. The routing box 800 message is played when the phone answers. What I would like is to have the auto attendant answer after a certain number if rings even in day mode. If I login to the supervisor mailbox 70 and go to the supervisor menu then press 6 to change day/night service, it doesn't seem to have any effect, only setting night transfer mode as described above works to set auto answer on. I think I may need to go into option 9 and modify system parameters and set parameter 1003 and 1004 which control the number of rings before the call is answered. Is this correct? If that is what I need, then I also need the "database" password that I am prompted for when selecting to change system parameters. I don't know the password, the manual says the default is XXXXXXX but that doesn't work and the company I got this unit from doesn't know what the password is. I do have a diskette that has a backup of the system on it, will the password be on that disk in a plan text format?

Please read the forum rules about the posting of passwords..even default in the open forums. This is a security precaution.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 01:33 PM
The vm answers right away when your DSU is in the night mode so leave the vm alone. Program the lead vm port for delay ring/ answer on the lines you want answered.
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 01:48 PM
Is the lead voice mail port set according to section 3.14.1 in the DSU manual, Dial 53, 32 from config mode? Since it's already answering in night mode it must have already had a port set, how do I find the port number that is set as the voice mail port since I'll need that number to program the delay ring answer.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 03:16 PM
Ports/ext are probably the same. The VM is connected to which ports? They're numbered on the side of the KSU.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 03:53 PM
Trace the stations going into the vm back to the dsu block, find the amphenol cable that it's on, and deduce from that which ports are setup for the VM ports. As was said, you will need to put them on a delayed ring during the day to achieve what you want. So you have the phones ringing that you want then on the delay you put whatever ports the vm are 48/49 whatever they may be. The line information and business hours in the vm will determine what greeting plays...don't need to put the vm into day or night mode.
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 03:54 PM
For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?
Posted By: hacky Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/05/11 11:51 PM
Originally posted by skyloc:
For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?
Yes. Back up the contents of C:\VM\M (or applicable message storage location), also back up any present license files like lines.txt and switches.txt. Then wipe keyvoice off the system, reinstall, restore the mentioned files, run first time setup, recreate the mailboxes and finally run msgaudit...really something for a technician to do. It helps to have working knowledge and experience for this, not to mention the installation disks. If there's an alternate way, I'm sure someone will chime in.
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 04:55 AM
Originally posted by hacky:
Originally posted by skyloc:
[b] For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?
Yes. Back up the contents of C:\VM\M (or applicable message storage location), also back up any present license files like lines.txt and switches.txt. Then wipe keyvoice off the system, reinstall, restore the mentioned files, run first time setup, recreate the mailboxes and finally run msgaudit...really something for a technician to do. It helps to have working knowledge and experience for this, not to mention the installation disks. If there's an alternate way, I'm sure someone will chime in. [/b]
Where can I get the installation disks and a manual. I believe this is a DOS based system, it's been a while since I've used DOS (I've been a Linux system admin for the last 16 years) but it's like riding a bike wink .
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 07:44 AM
I found the voice mail ports there are three 39,40,41. I tried assigning call forward on ring no answer - config mode 53 - 21 and set it to forward to the VM ports, I set it to 4 rings but it's not forwarding to the VM ports. I can get it to forward to the VM if I set the ringing for automatic attendant to delayed ringing, config mode 54 - 2, but this answers after 3 rings. Is there a way to change the number of rings?
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 09:19 AM
CFNA and RNA only work when calls are transferred to the station not with incoming CO lines. If your VM answers immediate when calling ext-39 then you need to adjust the delay ring time on the DSU. Its at default, 18 seconds, right now and its in the manual!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 04:36 PM
Comdial didn't make a 3 port voice mail so you are probably missing a port hookup. Also if the ports are hooked up out of order or don't match the software config you will have nothing but trouble.

Yes there is a way to reset the password...dealers will charge you a small fee to reset the password without all the rebuild.
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 05:22 PM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
Comdial didn't make a 3 port voice mail so you are probably missing a port hookup. Also if the ports are hooked up out of order or don't match the software config you will have nothing but trouble.

Yes there is a way to reset the password...dealers will charge you a small fee to reset the password without all the rebuild.
From a phone if I press INTERCOM 39 or 40 or 41 all go to the voicemail. By the DSU box there are two black boxes with Comdial lables on them, I think they are analog converters, there is a phone wire going from each of these boxes into the Keyvoice VM computer and then they hook to the terminal block where all the DSU phone ports are hooked. If I unplug the line from one of the black boxes that goes into the VM computer then if I press ITCM 39 from a phone the voice mail does not answer, but 40 and 41 still do, if I unplug the phone line from the other black box then 40 and 41 don't go to voice mail either. So is this a two line voice mail or 3?

For the password I found this link which looks promising, I'll give it a try
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/16/t/000144.html
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 05:43 PM
Again there were no 3 port mails. The small ones were either 2 or 4 port. If you have a monitor hooked to it the ports will show on the screen. With two ATAs it is most likely a 4 port. A monitor will tell you for sure. You're definitely need to get a manual for the system and mail in order to get this project going.
Posted By: hacky Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/06/11 06:27 PM
What RBF said. Also make sure your ATI's first port is connected to an even numbered station port and the second port is connected to an odd-numbered port. So if your first VM port is 39, that's wrong. ATIs are meant to be wired in station pairs with the first port being even and the second one being odd. It's related to how it gets power from the KSU. Sounds like port 38 isn't hooked up? This could explain why your 40/41 pair works correctly.
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/07/11 04:57 AM
There are wires hooked on port 38, but the VM doesn't answer if I ITCM 38 on the phone. What does the port setup do from the supervisor menu which I accessed from calling into VM? I can enable or disable ports in there, what ports are these and what number are they 1,2,3,4?
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/07/11 05:24 AM
I just double checked and 38 does to into voice mail, but it rings 4 times before it answers on 39,40,41 VM answers after 1 ring. How can I change 38 to 1 ring?
Posted By: skyloc Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/07/11 05:50 AM
I went into config mode 53 - 21 CFNA and RNA and set the ring for 1 on port 38 and now it goes to VM after 1 ring if a press ITCM 38. I assume all 4 ports were previously assigned to a hunt group. I'm pretty sure I disabled RNA calls on ports 39,40,41 but they all still answer, but for some reason 38 needed it enabled.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Comdial Keyvoice setup - 10/08/11 11:06 AM
Hi Skyloc,

Welcome to the board. I think it is time for you to call Comdial and request a local dealer in your area who can help you. This forum is really for just end user questions i.e. how do I do conf calling, how do I program speed dial. You are asking dealer level programminf=g questions. The other members have helped you but you should get a local tech. Just my 2 cents

Good luck

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help