atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tosevite Area Code Only - 10/19/11 12:39 PM
I was just told by my carrier that some numbers (that are long distance) but in the same latta(?) do not need to have a "1" in front and only need the area code and number. Problem is if I dial just the Area code and number the DSUII will not work because it needs a 1. Can this be change so I can dial just the area code and number?

G.
Posted By: hacky Re: Area Code Only - 10/19/11 01:25 PM
I've never seen a copper circuit not need the 1; try going to the NID box where the lines come in and plug in a plain old phone to one of the test jacks and try omitting the 1 for the number(s) in question. Chances are if you need to dial the area code, the 1 is needed also.
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: Area Code Only - 10/19/11 01:46 PM
Oh the nightmare days before the NADP and the hours spent building routing tables.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Area Code Only - 10/19/11 06:10 PM
Originally posted by hacky:
I've never seen a copper circuit not need the 1; try going to the NID box where the lines come in and plug in a plain old phone to one of the test jacks and try omitting the 1 for the number(s) in question. Chances are if you need to dial the area code, the 1 is needed also.
for the past 7-10 years in the Phila area, we use 10 digit dialing , the "phone company " still allows a 1 plus area code (local ) but, it also works with out a 1. yes, Confusing. To the Original Poster, the DSU don't know Nothing. ( Unless...it's set up for ars.
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: Area Code Only - 10/19/11 06:54 PM
hacky: what you have to do is go back to the days just after the string and tin cans. :rofl: :rofl: Right Arthur?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help