atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skyloc KeyVoice message notification dial-out lines - 10/26/11 10:27 AM
I'm using a KeyVoice voicemail with a Comdial DSU II and within the Visual Voice Mail settings a user can set it to call an external phone when they have a voice mail. This feature is working, but I'm wondering how to program the system to use a specific line when dialing out to notify someone they have voice mail. I looked through the DSU install manual and didn't see anything and looked at the Class of Service when logged into the console of the keyVoice computer and it looks like you can only enable or disable the feature there under "Dial-out allowed", but where can I specify which lines to use for the dial-out?
Within the voicemail, "lines" actually refer to ports, not C.O. lines. Set them all allowed to dial out. Lines within the DSUII refer to C.O. lines. To control which lines the voicemail can dial out on, create a line group in the DSUII and assign the appropriate lines. Note the line group number. Then in Keyvoice go to the General screen where there should be a 'digits to dial to get an outside line' and change it from 9 to the line group number you just created.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help