atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jtemm Comdial Impression G1632 System - 11/17/11 04:02 AM
Hello,

I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb questions as I'm learning a new Skill Set. I've come across a Comdial Impression G1632 system we have in one of our existing offices. We are in the process of moving that office to another location and expanding the size of it. We currently have about 20 phones or so attached and looking to expand to around 40 phones. I'm sure it has a very basic install and setup to it. My question is...Is it worth it to expand it (if it can be done) or better off looking at replacing the system with something newer. Company is trying to save a few bucks when we can. Is this system worth being saved and used elsewhere as well? thanks for any input.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 11/17/11 04:36 AM
Ten years ago I would have said go for it. If you are limited with Impression level software those sets plus the Digitech line are the only sets available to you. It's rock solid equipment but not worth expanding!
Posted By: Jtemm Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 11/17/11 05:16 AM
I'm finding out as I'm going. They put a lot of "Trunk Slammer" systems into our facilities. So I've got an uphill battle. I'm trying to save a buck when I can and where it makes sense, but sounds like it may not be worth trying to expand the system, basically looking to double the number of phones currently.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 11/17/11 08:27 AM
IIRC the Impact is backward compatible to the Impression, so you could find a G1632 and associated hardware (or maybe just the software) and expand the system. It keeps you from having to landfill 20 phones.

Even with the CID hardware the system would be inexpensive.

Carl
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 11/17/11 03:51 PM
Could just get a j1632 and expansion for pretty cheap especially compared to new systems which will cost you double triple etc depending on what you get, and be more reliable in the process imo.
Originally posted by dtcd21:
Could just get a j1632 and expansion for pretty cheap especially compared to new systems which will cost you double triple etc depending on what you get, and be more reliable in the process imo.
Exactly..I've got 15 of them currently ready to install. They were and still are a great solid system.
Posted By: rover2012 Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 04/03/12 09:33 AM
I am new here and I am working on a Comdial Impression phone system without the manual. The Hold button is flashing on 4 of the 10 phone stations and there are no messages. I would also like to know if I can get documentation details for my system.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 04/05/12 07:36 PM
If you go to my web site here Download this manual https://www.sstcom.com/wp-content/themes/sst/images/comdial_dsu_2_24_button_phone_user_guide.pdf it is the user guide for that system. If you need any higher level support just give me a call as I am a Comdial dealer in New York
Posted By: rover2012 Re: Comdial Impression G1632 System - 04/06/12 07:28 AM
Thank Jim, I will take a look
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help