atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan Corp Office Messages Go Straight To Saved - 01/18/13 02:03 PM
I have a customer with a dxp plus and a corp office windows based vm. I have no complaints with 99% of the users. But I now have two people that new messages show up as saved / old messages. They never show up a new. For the previous user I deleted her mail box and re created it. Didn't solve the problem. I also dug through her COS, but found nothing odd.

Today I get a call that one of the owners mail box is doing the same thing. Any ideas?
Have you ever defragged that hard drive? When I have had some "goofy" things happening on a Keyvoice---I usually end up defragging the hard drive and it clears it up.
Posted By: tylan Re: Corp Office Messages Go Straight To Saved - 01/18/13 04:18 PM
That seems odd. I haven't defragged, but I know the dos VMs do it automatically. Not sure about he windows units. I'll give it a chkdsk and defrag and see if it clears up... But this seems like a stretch.
Key Voice recommended a program called Disk Keeper to run daily to recover platter real estate. The voice mail is resource intensive and will cause problems you are reporting if the disk is not maintained. Tech support warned against Windows defrag as it was not truly effective. UM client problems can cause this also.
I bet when entering thier password they are hitting the pound sign
Posted By: tylan Re: Corp Office Messages Go Straight To Saved - 03/12/13 01:51 AM
I just realized that I never replied back to this...

It was the pound sign. They were doing the password "cellphone" style. IE 1001#, and it was interrupting the message.

I figured it out when it worked fine for me, but not the end user. I watched her key in her password, and I said "Wait, what did you hit extra?".

I would have got ComdialJim's post right away except I somehow have email notification broken on this board.

Thanks guys!
Yeah happens alot. Glad it helped.
Good call Jim...you still got it! smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help