atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi there,

Is it okay to install a COB on an FX-II expansion cabinet? Is there anyone who has this kind of set-up?...Anything that I need to be aware of?

Thanks.
sonny88
I forgot to mention that I will be replacing a failing Interchange Vmail. Should I install the COB by simply following the first-time set-up or kindly advise if there's anything I need to be aware of.

Thanks again.
sonny88
Several questions I have while reviewing the COB install manual...

1. is there a way that I can move, transfer or copy the existing voicemail configuration (e.g. mailboxes, routing boxes etc..) of the Interchange to the COB?
2. is it possible to copy the existing greetings (mailbox & routing boxes) from the interchange to the COB?

Thanks again.
sonny88
Hi Sonny,

Sorry but the answer to both question sis no. The COB is dos. They never made an interchange version.
Thanks Jim, means that I will have configure the cob from scratch. Anyways, how about my first query as to installing a COB on an expansion cabinet?...Install manual doesn't mention anything that it has to be on the main chassis right?

Anyone who have installed a COB on an Expansion cabinet?

Thanks again.
sonny
I have always done in main cabinet but I do not know if that is a requirement. To be safe I would make room in main cabinet.

I would do that Jim, as it is simple to move an IST to the expansion cabinet than to gamble having the COB on the expansion cabinet - we wouldn't know if there's any implication. I'll play safe...

Thanks again.
sonny
Wouldn't move an IST to an expansion cabinet...had several sites with issues from having ISTs in second cabinet of a two cabinet install.
So you would only put digital station cards in the expansion cabs?

-J
hi rbf/jim, the module that I'm planning to move to the expansion cabinet is an FXISTM-CO8/COS8 and they have around 2 analog phones and 3 polycom conference phones on it.

We have another client with an FXIST-08 on the second cabinet w/o any concerns...do you think the FXISTM-CO8 would just be fine?

I will be replacing an interchange with the COB today.
Is there anything else that I need to watch-out for?

Thanks.
sonny
The issues we found were with IST cards in the second cabinet of a 2 cabinet install with the SCSI expansion...didn't seem to have issues with ribbon expansion. It was on 3 separate hospital sites. Since tech support is virtually non existent from the factory I'd move a digital card if I had the choice to be safe.
Nice RBF as what they have is the ribbon expansion...I guess I should be okay moving the IST on the expansion cabinet.

I will update once done.
Thanks again to both of you.
sonny
Doesn't the use of the ribbon expansion also have the caveat of the buffer board? I'm remembering issues introduced when using the buffer boards.

Justin
Yep.. They caused a lot of issues. We threw them away and used the ribbon only.
ISTM works fine so far...
hi rbf, I might need a step by step trans.txt programming...so I replaced the Interchange with a COB yesterday and can't seem to have the routing corrected. It's good that they have a receptionist to answer calls. In the interchange...there's a field in the routing box 800 wherein you can route according to day/night service like to other routing boxes which is not available in the COB.

I've posted this also under the delayed ring as you talked about trans.txt there.

Kindly advise.
Thanks.
sonny
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help