atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan DX-120 Dropping Calls - 10/30/13 04:43 PM
I'm out of ideas...

DX-120 with 4 COs.

Customer is complaining of dropping calls mainly on one line, but sometimes all lines. I have never witnessed the event.

Customer has a DX-120 and they keep dropping calls. I've swapped the cabinet & cards. I've ran a new wire in from the NID to the punchdown. I've removed the ditek surge suppression on the lines.

I've had Verizon out twice. The first time they said there was a "10K short on all the lines". I assumed this to be the Ditek line surges. I had them out a second time (diteks weren't in place) and they found no trouble, but I think they are bringing the lines in on a different pair from the C.O.

Anyone have any insight? or Suggestions?

Thanks
Tylan
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 10/30/13 09:57 PM
Personally I'd put in a different phone system to prove to the customer that you've changed everything out. We always kept a couple of good shape trade ins for this reason. Different system with same problems= line or power issue.
Posted By: tylan Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 10/31/13 02:51 PM
We have been talking about trying with a different system. That's an option.

Now that you mention power, I could probably move it off the battery backup - - maybe its getting flaky.

Would you think for something like this it would be worth cold starting and reprogramming by hand?
Posted By: compu_85 Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 10/31/13 04:59 PM
Is it using some sort of smart UPS? Those will start cutting out when the battery goes bad.

Does the customer notice if the whole phone goes dead? Are they using display phones?

-J
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 11/02/13 06:47 PM
If the lines are being delivered on subscriber-carrier (NID looking plastic boxes), you may have a line voltage issue. I try to avoid having system lines on subscriber-carrier whenever possible.

Ask them if they ever press a line button and get dial tone, but have the NO LOOP CURRENT flash on the screen. If so, that lends to the idea that it's a low loop current issue.

Justin
Posted By: tylan Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 11/04/13 02:45 PM
The bad news is that I haven't seen the issue and the customer is vague if its happening on more than one line. The owner tells me all lines, and the staff says one line.

Interestingly, I've spoken with the local Verizon tech and they have switched them to new equipment at the CO and are bringing the line to the building on a different pair.

The problem is so sporadic that the Verizon tech wants them to log the dropped calls - incoming, outgoing, number, line, etc. Maybe there is a routing issue or some bad pairs between some Verizon offices.

Justin - They say no to seeing "no loop current"

I also had them check to see if its on a UPS and the customer says no, and that there is also a wireless router plugged into the same strip. The customer figured if it were a power issue that it would knock out the internet too. He also said that his on hold music player gets loud (volume defaults) after a power loss.

I'm at a loss as to anything that I can do - other than installing a completely different phone system.
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: DX-120 Dropping Calls - 11/04/13 06:02 PM
You said in your first post you replaced the cabinet and cards. Check your voltages the top of the main 408 pcb (they could be flakey on both cabinets). Look for a non syeady 5 volts or if it is more the .2 vdc off. If the cabinet has been replaced and the voltages are good it sure sounds like Verizon's problem.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help