atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mezzaman Interchange VM options - 03/05/14 02:23 PM
Hi guys,We have a lot of FXII and MP 5000s in the field with Interchange VMs. Most are XP, we will be needing to upgrade on some sites.What is the situation on the reliability of the Windows 7 Interchange and does anyone have any suggestions on other VM systems that work well with the FXII and MP5000.Thanks guys!
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 03/05/14 04:31 PM
I keep my Interchange locked behind a firewall, only email is allowed to go out. Is it safe to install Windows Updates on these systems? Mine is only service pack 2 :S I didn't want to try updating it and risk breaking the system.

-J
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Interchange VM options - 03/05/14 11:24 PM
Interchange was probably one of the best voice mails ever created. I haven't installed the software on Win 7 yet but guess I'll give it a try. Don't see why it wouldn't work. I still have many W2k systems as well as DOS and XP going and will continue to support them. Proper precautions should allow them to be used into the foreseeable future.

Windows updates are iffy. The real troubles were updates to systems running McAfee Virus software. I allow security updates and always have backups in case of the need to roll back.
Posted By: mezzaman Re: Interchange VM options - 03/06/14 01:39 AM
I agree RBF I love the Interchange. We must install it as Windows 7 which is basically Server2008. to keep the client happy!I have not dealt with a lot of other voice mails-which ones have you had success with,- including Vertical/Comdial FXII and MP5000 PBX switches? Thanks
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 03/17/14 02:50 PM
Please let me know how the Win7 install goes for you guys. I'd love to move my VM to a newer system.

Mezzaman: Windows 7 is like Server 2008R2. Server 2008 is like Windows Vista, and should be avoided IMHO.

-J
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 03/20/14 02:54 PM
So any word on this? The olde P4 box running my VM is getting a bit flakey, I'd love to move it to a newer system. I'm assuming I can just get the system set up, use the install media I have, move the dongle, then copy the whole VM folder over to maintain my current settings / mailboxes.

-J
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 04/01/14 11:37 PM
Were you able to get Interchange running on Windows 7?

-J
Posted By: mezzaman Re: Interchange VM options - 04/15/14 06:30 PM
Yes we did.We had to purchase a Windows 7 compatable dongle from Hoosiers and install it with steps they provided, then load the VM folder.We had an issue with the serial port not seeing the dongle untill we found a serial port that provided us options to dumb it down and also assign it IRQ 7.
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 04/16/14 04:32 PM
Ah. My system is using a parallell dongle. I might try moving this over myself if I find some free time.

-J
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Interchange VM options - 04/16/14 09:49 PM
The parallel dongle will not work on windows 7
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 04/17/14 09:50 PM
Noted. Sounds like I'll need to call Hoosiers as well and do this as the olde P4 machine has started to get unreliable.

How much did the dongle upgrade run you?

-J
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange VM options - 08/06/16 11:27 PM
Sorry for dragging up this older post, but it's relevant to the OP. I'm wondering the answer to compu_85's question about getting the upgraded dongle, so Windows XP Interchange 12 could be upgraded to Windows 7 Interchange 12.

What was the reason the parallel dongle wouldn't work in Windows 7?

Thanks!

Justin
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Interchange VM options - 08/09/16 07:52 PM
Similarly, will Interchange 11 work in XP? I have 11 running in 2000 right now, and would like to move it to a somewhat newer PC.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help