atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WillTech12 Lost InnTouch password - 04/14/14 01:12 AM
Does anyone know the password reset routine for an InnTouch. The default password has been changed and I am unable to log into the system installer programming to change line assignments. Send a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Eric
Posted By: WillTech12 Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/09/14 11:56 PM
Has anyone ever had to use the backdoor password and know what it is on this system?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/11/14 09:38 PM
Refresh my memory - is this the rebranded Cardinal, or the real Comdial Executech?
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/13/14 12:23 AM
I thought it was really a DXP or FX or was that concierge? Maybe you could send a picture of control unit
Posted By: dtmf Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/13/14 05:51 PM
Comdial Inn Touch is a hotel/motel/business system much like the Cardinal which if I remember right was called Comdial Cardinal Candela, not sure if they are the same beast or not as I've only seen 1 Cardinal while I use to work on many Inn Touch systems. The model numbers are KH32X/64X/96X/128X depending on what size you have. All COS programming must be done by VDT and if the default password which was the same as the earlier Executechs has been changed you will need to know it to enter programming, I don't recall there being a back door.
Posted By: WillTech12 Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/18/14 04:07 AM
This unit has all the look and feel of an Executech. Uses the same phones and basic cabinet design too. The original password is the same as an Executech but it apparently was changed. There is a backdoor password in the executech, which I have been told, but it doesn't work on this unit and have been told it may be a different backdoor but the factory had a way to get in. There just aren't many folks around with these anymore.
Thanks.
E
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Lost InnTouch password - 05/19/14 09:45 PM
PM me with what passwords you tried. I have around 4 that were used for models in that time frame.
Posted By: WillTech12 Re: Lost InnTouch password - 06/10/14 05:46 PM
I'm at a complete loss. I have tried 3 different passwords, and tried to guess but nothing will enter installer programming. All functions of the VDT work properly but no go so far.

It seems as though the factory default password does something when entered into an Executech phone on station 10 (I get intercom dialtone) but the book doesn't cover programming this way and I would have no idea what code sequence to use to restore the VDT password since the InnTouch is so different.

I feel my only hope is to try and get a set of EPROMs and I can use my chip reader to scan for a text string that matches the format of the backdoor passwords I have seen. Usually systems of this vintage use 2732 or similar EPROMs as operating system loads. I assume this does as well. Anyone have a dead system laying around that has a set of EPROMs in it that I can borrow for a few days?
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: Lost InnTouch password - 06/16/14 09:28 PM
If you can get into programming via the phone, can't you default the entire system via the phone? I only ever worked on one of the hotel EXECUTECH's, but if it really is an Exec, rather than a Cardinal. The other way to default it would be one I found by system failure, where the memory caps went bad, and as soon as the power failed, the system lost it's program. Couldn't you remove the caps to remove the backup supply, and it would go to default too? But you will need to physically remove the caps, and while you are at it, replace them, since they are now more than 20 years old.

Just a thought.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help