atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jaxx Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/14/14 04:51 PM
On our Comdial FX on incoming calls if we press 1 it puts the caller on hold. Outgoing calls we can press 1 and everything works fine. I thought maybe it was the line card but it does it on different phones on different line cards. Any suggestions? Maybe both line cards are bad? Or Service Board?

thanks,
Jason
Who is pressing 1 and why? Line 1? Touch pad 1? Line group 1? Auto attendant selection 1? Need clearer info.
Posted By: jaxx Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/14/14 09:53 PM
any digital phone that presses 1 on the dial pad the line gets put on hold. All lines do that. but only on incoming calls not outgoing. so lets say you get a call that might be automated and you need to press 1 the phone system puts that call on hold. It cant be a programming feature so i dont know why it does that.
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/16/14 09:20 PM
Like RBF said, what is with the pressing 1. Something seems really amiss here?
Posted By: jaxx Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/17/14 12:53 AM
i did some more testing and any number you press on the dial pad of the black digital phone, the call will get placed on hold. so why does the phone system put the incoming call on hold when any number button is pressed? and again this is only on incoming calls.. if you are placing an outgoing call and you have to press a number it works fine.
Posted By: jaxx Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/17/14 12:55 AM
it doesn't have to be 1.. any number you press will place the call on hold. we have a company that calls us and we have to press 1 to get to a menu. when we do that the call gets placed on hold and doesn't register on their end that a button was pressed.
Never have seen this but it seems as though the system thinks you are initiating a speed dial transfer. Personal speed dial bins were on buttons 1-0 on the touch tone pad. Without having a copy of the database to load in one of my systems I'd only be guessing.
Posted By: jaxx Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/17/14 02:45 AM
this only happens when the call is connected and only on incoming calls not outgoing.
Posted By: jaxx Re: Comdial FX incoming calls problem - 06/18/14 04:18 AM
I have a copy of the database.. if I paid you could you troubleshoot it for me?

Check your private messages.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help