atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stepswitch FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/07/14 09:47 PM
Have a customer who cannot change their system time/date from attendant phones. Have verified the phones they are attempting to use are programmed as attendants however when using the code to change the time/date the display simply returns to an idle condition. I can change time/date using VMMI. The manual says to use "01" to change the time/date and for example use "02" for system speed dial. On this customers phone "01" does nothing and "02" comes up LCD Messaging. Can these codes be changed? Under Feature Number programming I see the code for attendant programming which is default.
Posted By: compu_85 Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/08/14 01:44 AM
Do they have large display phones?

-J
Posted By: stepswitch Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/08/14 10:22 AM
Large and small display phones.
Posted By: compu_85 Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/09/14 11:56 PM
You've configured one of the small display phones as a programming station and it still won't work?

Do they have any industry standard phones hooked to the system?

-J
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/10/14 03:56 PM
In addition to making it the attendant you need to make it a programming station as well. All in vmmi
Posted By: stepswitch Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/10/14 09:57 PM
I have two large display phones set up as attendant and programming ports. Obvious question, do the large display phones access the system time differently? I do not have a small display phone set up yet.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/10/14 10:11 PM
Set up the small display then try again.
Posted By: compu_85 Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/10/14 11:26 PM
I found that the large display phones can't set the time. I didn't look into testing it much as I just do everything from VMMI, and I have a script which dials a modem to set the time automatically.

-J
Posted By: stepswitch Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/15/14 11:05 PM
Returned to customer site today, set up a small display phone and am able to change time and date via that phone. Thanks for the help. Any reason why the large display phones won't change time and date?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/15/14 11:21 PM
Never could get an answer from the factory. Made zero sense to me.
Posted By: compu_85 Re: FX-II 17A Changing System Time - 08/16/14 12:15 AM
Probably because they talk to the CPU differently or something... probably related to how you can get into the programming of the large display phones while a VMMI session is open, whereas a small display phone says "Maint Lockout".

-J
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help