atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jwOH Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 03/26/15 05:40 PM
We currently have a Cordial DX-80 VM II set up simply for voicemail, and after starting to manage this system, I have been asked numerous times whether we can record live phone calls or not, and I don't see it as an option anywhere, but I see it advertised as a feature for this phone system. I have PC-DBA on my computer, so I can make changes if need be, or I would prefer to do it through the DET. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Your DX-80 sets have a record button by default. Unless that has been erased you use that to record calls into your own mailbox. If you are talking recording all calls without pressing a button them no it will not do that.
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 03/27/15 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
Your DX-80 sets have a record button by default. Unless that has been erased you use that to record calls into your own mailbox. If you are talking recording all calls without pressing a button them no it will not do that.

Looking at the DX-80 sets, I don't see any record button, either as a preprogrammed key or a soft button under the display. Maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe they were deleted - If so, do you have any idea how to get this back? I have the Technical Manual for programming the DX-80 but I can't find it in there. Maybe it's somewhere else
Using either PCDBA or DSET programming you can add or change feature buttons. It's definitely in the manual.
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 03/27/15 12:28 PM
I can see how to add and change feature buttons, but how do I know what the code is to record a call - that's what I can't find. In the manual under set up extensions, it lists all the steps, one being enable / disable recording in the table of contents, but that small section isn't actually there.
Page 56 of my manual.
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 03/28/15 11:46 AM
I was able to find the enable recording setting by going through all options - it is enabled on all phones, but still no way to record.
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 03/28/15 03:58 PM
I figured out how to directly dial voice record - feature 6 7 according to the list of feature codes. However, doing this just gives me the two beep do nothing
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 04/01/15 12:18 PM
Been a long time since I thought of this. Believe you need to allow recording in VM programming. Also need to increase message length time. You will record into that stations mailbox. It does pretty good!
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 04/01/15 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by jwooten
Been a long time since I thought of this. Believe you need to allow recording in VM programming. Also need to increase message length time. You will record into that stations mailbox. It does pretty good!

Do you know if this is done in PC-DBA or if it can be done on the DET? Turns out I only have PC-DBA F42 and our system is on A33.
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 04/06/15 10:20 PM
Just an update - I talked to comdial support and got the correct version of PC-DBA and key link. I am able to get in and make any changes, but I still do not see an option for allow recording.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 04/09/15 01:07 AM
Extension programming, "Record Allow".
Posted By: jwOH Re: Comdial DX-80 VM II Call Recording - 04/10/15 03:11 PM
Got it, thanks! On the DET it said record allow yes, but in PC-DBA it was no. I updated it on the computer and resent it, and it works great. Now the question is how to get it off the voicemail card to a pc smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help