atcomsystems.ca/forum
On an FX-224 Release 195.00 Feature Set 16A is it possible to swap out a small display station board for a large display station board without renumbering stations? I'd like to switch my operator's phone out for one with a large display, and her station is hooked up to a small display board.

I have a spare large display board. Could I power the system down, swap the boards, power up, then switch the phone set?

Thanks,
Back up the database first. You'll have to change the board in cabinet view for the system to register it as a large screen. The receptionist will not be able to adjust time and date on a large screen however... something to think about.
Ya, not being able to do system programming from a large display phone is a bit of a bummer. She never does that anyway though, I have a computer dialing a modem to set the time.

Thanks for the tip.

While we're discussing boards, the configuration has a station board listed where there's actually an empty slot in the system. It's station numbers are in the middle of the actual stations. Testing with a saved database seems to show I can remove this board from the configuration without affecting the real stations. Is that the case?

There were cases whereby installers programmed "virtual" ports to do tricks in programming. Not sure if that is the case for you but something to think about.
Thanks for the tips. I backed up the DB, powered the system off, swapped the card, powered up, then changed the card type in VMMI. It did not affect any of the extensions or DSS keys.

-J
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help