atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ribasaurus New to Comdial - looking for PC-DBA - 09/22/16 09:08 PM
I'm trying to help out a new small business who has inherited a DX-120 in their new office space.

My background is in much bigger systems but I see that there's a console port to the switch.. just looks like I need the PC-DBA software.

How do I go about getting PC-DBA? I reached out to Comdial/Vertical to become a tech for them but have not gotten a response.

I can certainly program from a handset, but would rather use a software interface.
Vertical no longer sells or supports the DX-120. You won't get any joy from them.
Posted By: ribasaurus Re: New to Comdial - looking for PC-DBA - 09/22/16 10:45 PM
Thanks.. I'm not looking for support. Just a way to get the software. I've been looking through the net/ebay/amazon to even buy a license second hand.

I found the admin & programming guides which seem to answer all my questions for now.

Any idea on finding the software?

Posted By: ribasaurus Re: New to Comdial - looking for PC-DBA - 09/22/16 10:46 PM
Or can I just connect with terminal emulator?
Terminal emulator will not work. You need the correct version on PCDBA which is a DOS program that runs in Windows and is version dependent on the software rev of the DX-80/120 OS. I installed hundreds of DX80s and 120s and rarely used the cludgey software. I only used it in PRI installs and a few specialized situations. Set programming was faster once you get used to it.
Posted By: ribasaurus Re: New to Comdial - looking for PC-DBA - 09/23/16 12:50 AM
Sounds good. Appreciate the feedback
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help