atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tmnewton Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 07:26 PM
We have just recently taken over an account that the previous vendor had a Comdial MP5000 installed with 1 expansion cabinet. This cabinet was damaged beyond use by a lightning/power surge. The vendor offered to replace the system with new NEC equipment or replacing the main cabinet and expansion cabinet with used/refurbished equipment and leaving the phones the same. The client (because of budget) chose the used/refurb equipment. Since they have installed the used equipment they cannot have more than two IST cards mounted. If more than two then they receive a static popping when calling into any DID number(they are on a PRI) We have swapped cards to try to pinpoint if a backplane issue or card issue. The current active cards are slot 1-PRI, slot 2-7 digital cards, slot 8-10 IST, slot 11-digital, and slot 12 IST. We currently have slots 10 and 12 unseated because of the static popping. When we unseat any two IST there is no popping. I can provide more information if anyone willing to reply with any help. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 08:19 PM
Are the cabinets tied together via ribbon cable between the cabinets or a white SCSI cable on the sides of the cabinet? There were locations that experienced similar issues with ISTs in the expansion cabinets but since you have taken over a site with a history of lightning strike it could be multiple problems.
Posted By: tmnewton Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 09:23 PM
The cabinets are tied together via a ribbon cable. This main cab and exp cab are newly refurbished. There is an aux card with only a sync card on it and then the services/cpu card.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 09:40 PM
I had some sites whereby I had to move the IST boards into the main cabinet to solve the issue. I'd also look at the status logs in Hyperterminal or equivalent terminal emulation program to look for repeated hardware errors.
Posted By: tmnewton Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 11:19 PM
Dave
I will give this a try. I thought about moving the IST cards to the main cab but that is a time consuming project. Unless there is a way of moving the entire card and its provisioning to another slot. I am a little rusty on the comdial provisioning so i am not aware of a move like that. I would just move a port at a time.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/16/17 11:22 PM
Back up the database and use the cabinet view to drag and drop in VMMI. You could always put it back if it boogers up the programming.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Comdial mp5000 issue - 01/17/17 10:15 PM
Once again Dave is right on. Easy to move the cards in vmmi.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help