atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Guyzag Assigning Co line to voicemail - 11/14/17 03:37 AM
I added a voicemail flash card to a clean dx-80 then assigned the incoming CO line to answer position 433 but the incoming calls just ring and the VM auto attendant never picks up.

If i dial x158 the VM attendant works properly.

Any ideas?
Posted By: devildog9299 Re: Assigning Co line to voicemail - 11/15/17 07:57 PM
Did you check to ensure that the voicemail extensions are in the UCD group 433? If you call extension 433, does it ring over to extension 158?
Posted By: Guyzag Re: Assigning Co line to voicemail - 11/16/17 06:46 PM
Fixed.

I did find and applied the solution on page 3-74 of the DX-80 Installation & Maintenance manual "CO Line Ring Assignments".

Using the Digital Extension Terminal (DET) we assigned CO line directory number 740 to hunt group 433. 740 represents line 1, I also assigned lines 2 and 3, (741 and 742 respectively). Now the incoming calls route to the voicemail attendant.

(Yes, extension 433 was already going to Voicemail).

At first I attempted to make this CO line assignment via the PC DBA software under the "CO Line" window, but the only "Answering Positions" available for Day or Eve was position 24:433. Using the DET I assigned the CO line as 1:433. So is using the DET the only way to make this assignment?

Posted By: devildog9299 Re: Assigning Co line to voicemail - 11/16/17 07:46 PM
No. You can use the PCDBA. Just go into the "Day" option and you can assign 5 or 6 extensions to ring on that line (can't remember exact number without looking at it). Then, since the Night only has 1 option, then you can assign that to either go direct to the operator extension or into 433 and follow your day ringing parameters.

On more complex office setups I would assign 433 for day and 432 for night. I could then assign different extensions and different reroute options.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help