atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: simpsoncomm DSU with small office lite voicemail - 11/20/18 07:17 PM
I'm working on a couple old comdials and voicemails here at the test bench. My question is, I have a comdial cabinet modeled G1632 REV J, I'm trying to connect to a small office lite, cs-lite-d4, Wi-Star-66. I followed the manual for the impact DSU and the manual for the debut lite system which from what I understand is essentially the same as the small office lite.

Issue is the voicemal ports and auto attendant do not answer the calls. I put in on ports 26,27,28,29, and if I call that extension directly no answer, if I call from a co line no message is played it just rings, but when I call from the co line the voicemail monitor screen acts like it has the call.

I have the ports plugged in order on the back of the small office lite tried with 26, 27 on the top rj14 and 28,29 on the bottom and vice versa, I have tried plugging the serial cable into both ports on both the small office and the comdial and nothing changed. I master cleared the comdial and started from scratch a few times, and reset the voicemail and did the initial setup and nothing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Have you actually assigned the VM ports and using an ATI-D?

Access programming then,

Dial 53 - Station Features
Dial 32 - Voice Mail Port

It's been YEARS! since I touched a Comdial Impact DSU and all programming was through the phone.
Do you have a IVPC interface board in the voice mail? They are the only boards that will accept a direct digital port interface. All other boards would require an ATI-D as the Professor stated.
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: DSU with small office lite voicemail - 11/21/18 01:48 PM
Yeah when this system first came out I would have been still in diapers, haha . It does have an IVPC board its a Rhetorex, RDSP/IVPC. I am not currently using the ATI-D, and I did use program 53 dial 32 and then I selected 26 to 29 as the vm ports. I followed the dsu manual from page 3-107 to page 3-110 section 3.14.2. It says no such station if I use the transfer to voicemail button or if I call the station directly.
The weird thing to me is that, out of curiosity, I put a phone on port 26 called it then while it was ringing unplugged the station line cord and plugged it into the ivpc board, the voicemail saw the call when I did it that way.Thanks.
Dial the intercom DN number associated with the port not the port number.
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: DSU with small office lite voicemail - 11/23/18 01:46 PM
Intercom DN number on a 2 digit station plan should be the same as the port number or am I wrong on that?
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: DSU with small office lite voicemail - 11/23/18 06:11 PM
Minus it starting at station 10 of course*
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: DSU with small office lite voicemail - 01/23/19 01:37 PM
Needed software version 20a and everything worked, that was the missing link. Thanks for your help.
Sorry this slipped through. Glad you got it fixed
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help