atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 06:24 PM
I'm rusty on the DSU II... I know I can program the line (delete) with hyperterminal, but how do I do it from the phone? Buttons 1-16 are lines... Not needed. Should be only 1-4 and then blanks. I tried intercom **1 but it gives me the error / busy tone.

I just wanted to make button 16 be all call or paging. Intercom 87 or 89.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 08:08 PM
Try:

Program 56 for BUTTON MAPPING
04 for BLANK/AUTODIAL

PM Sent
Posted By: tylan Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Try:

Program 56 for BUTTON MAPPING
04 for BLANK/AUTODIAL

Oh ok, so it's part of the admin programming. Extension 10 or 12 if I remember? I'm pretty sure I've only ever done real programming from hyperterminal. I'll have to do some research.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 10:04 PM
No worries. Let me know if that doesn't work and I will just chalk it up to User Error. laugh
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 11:05 PM
I used to program DSU's faster through the buttons than with a terminal emulator program. But I did it everyday. Now days not so much.
Posted By: tylan Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/07/18 11:09 PM
To show you where I fall age wise... I'm quick doing the DX-80/120 over the phone. That's the system I cut my teeth on. The DXP and DSU were history class for me. The SBX was short lived IMO, and I never programmed it over the phone. Same for the Summit.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/08/18 01:10 AM
To show you where I am age wise...a few years after starting in the industry I used the acoustic coupler on a TI Silent 700 for remote programming.

TI Silent 700 History

Yes, I also remember an Interconnect I worked for's password for Sprint Products Group BBS: WASHINGTON

Posting password in the open forum is a Forum violation however given:

• The interconnect company has been out of business since 1990's
  • Sprint Products Group hasn't existed since 2003ish
  • BBS's haven't been around since 1995
  • No one but me knows the User Name

I feel it is okay to post the password.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/08/18 01:59 AM
Ahh the Silent 700 and never ending need for 1 more roll of thermal paper.

Blast from the past.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/08/18 03:05 AM
Ever use a yellow highlighter on thermal paper?
Posted By: tylan Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/08/18 03:13 AM
Last three posts... The only thing I recognized was "thermal paper"🤣
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 12/20/18 11:51 PM
This is what happens when you been in this crazy business 31 years.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/12/19 03:27 PM
Thermal Paper...I Knew I had 2 rolls somewhere...( I can't remember how to post a picture, But, if anybody needs them...free to a good Silent 700 ! )
Posted By: tylan Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/12/19 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by nonameyet
Thermal Paper...I Knew I had 2 rolls somewhere...( I can't remember how to post a picture, But, if anybody needs them...free to a good Silent 700 ! )

The best part about thermal paper is that it is the original disappearing ink! Haha

I can remember thermal faxes, but haven't seen a Silent 700 in use. Was it a fax machine or modem? I love that it has the coupler on it for the handset. As a young boy interested in technology in the late 80s the coupler was always a piece of tech that I thought was so cool. However, I'm pretty sure I've never used one. frown
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/12/19 04:44 PM

Yep, programming remotely with an acoustic coupler and a 500/2500 set with the screaming speed of 300 bps 😴

That was the only way to program an Eagle One system (either remote of on-site)
Posted By: nonameyet Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/12/19 06:40 PM
the best part about programming the system...and you left the copy on the job....yea, go on, try to un roll it and Read it
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/12/19 08:53 PM
Easier to read than a floppy disc, especially if you see this

C:\>dir A

Not ready reading drive A
Abort, Retry, Fail?_
Posted By: tylan Re: DSU II Delete Line Appearance - 02/13/19 01:42 PM
Bad floppies were the bane of my existence... Reloading DOS 6.22 or a Corporate Office with a crashed HDD. Yuck! I won't miss that! The worst was when you put a known working floppy into computer that happen to have dust in the drive... Then you just made a coaster!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help